Turkish Airlines to Equip Dreamliner and Airbus A350 With New ‘High Privacy’ Business-Class Seats
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Look out, world — suites are taking over the forward cabin. On the heels of Qatar’s QSuite, Delta One Suites and over-the-top iterations from Singapore Airlines and Emirates, there’s word that upgrades are coming to select aircraft flown by Turkish Airlines. In a recent Australian Business Traveller report, the airline has confirmed that it will bring an all-new business-class seat to its forthcoming Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A350 jets.
When the carrier’s first Dreamliner arrives in 2019, it’ll boast a 1-2-1 business class layout — a huge upgrade from the dated 2-2-2 (and even 2-3-2 on some birds) layout. Turkish Airlines’ Chief Marketing Officer Ahmet Olmuştur had this to say: “Our new business-class product will have [a] 1-2-1 seating layout instead [of] the existing and will be featured both in the new Boeing 787 and the new Airbus A350 jets. The design will be applied to the first-received Boeing 787 jets in 2019.”
While Olmuştur stopped short of dishing out any design clues, he did emphasize that “high privacy is our priority,” stating that Turkish Airlines is working with its design partner “for many different features such as individual enclosed storage areas and 44-inch knee distance.” You don’t have to reach far to envision that coming to fruition in the form of a seat with a sliding door.
Unlike Delta, which is refurbishing some of its Boeing 777s to include Delta One Suites, Turkish Airlines doesn’t plan on retrofitting its current fleet of Airbus A330/A340 and Boeing 777 aircraft to match the incoming Dreamliner and A350. Rather, it’s eying “a different retrofit project for the existing widebodies.”
All told, Turkish Airlines has plans to take delivery of up to 30 Dreamliners and 30 Airbus A350-900s by 2024. Pair that with the opening of Istanbul’s new airport this autumn — where Turkish Airlines will add an “Exclusive Lounge” — and you’ve more reason than ever to consider TK for upcoming business travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees