What It Was Like to Cover the 2019 Paris Air Show for TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, TPG UK‘s Emily McNutt and I had an opportunity to cover the 2019 Paris Air Show. It turned out to be a big event; despite the ongoing 737 MAX grounding, Boeing managed to land a gigantic aircraft order, for a total of 200 of the flawed narrow-body jets.
But aircraft launches and blockbuster orders are just one component of the week-long event — airline employees, journalists and fans also have an opportunity to tour a number of brand-new planes, so that’s exactly what we did:
Don’t miss our full coverage from the 2019 Paris Air Show, and check out our top aircraft tours for a closer look inside:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.