This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been almost two weeks since we held the inaugural TPG Awards aboard the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York City. In addition to recognizing the best credit cards, airlines and hotel programs of 2018, we also honored Captain “Sully” Sullenberger and Leyma Gbowee with special awards and enjoyed a musical performance by Bebe Rexha, making for a fantastic evening.
The majority of the awards given out were selected solely by readers; votes were submitted through a secured Google poll to ensure one vote per person. And naturally when you ask for reader input, you’re likely to get a range of opinions, and that’s exactly what we saw across all of the readers’ choice categories. Today we’re continuing to highlight the individual voting results to provide additional insight into how the finalists landed.
Here’s the list of nominees for best hotel promotion in order of the number of votes they received:
- Marriott/SPG MegaBonus
- Hilton’s double points promotion
- Hilton’s Points Unlimited promotion
- Hyatt’s fall promotion of up to 60,000 points
- Buy Hilton points with 100% bonus
- Buy IHG points with 100% bonus
- Wyndham’s Stay Twice promotion
As you can tell from the nominees, 2018 wasn’t exactly a banner year in the hotel promotion department. In fact, the main feature of the winner (MegaBonus, the first promo from the combined Marriott/SPG program) was just 2,000 bonus points on stays of two nights or more. This haul is worth just $16 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, though you could extend your earnings by visiting multiple brands during the promotional period. Bear in mind too that you can still register for the promotion (through Jan. 7, 2019) by logging into your Marriott account; you can still earn bonus points on stays through Jan. 31, 2019.
MegaBonus has been Marriott’s oft-repeated promotion, so it’s safe to assume it’ll be sticking around into 2019. But can it maintain its grip on this award for next year? You’ll just have to wait and see.
Featured photo courtesy of the St. Regis Maldives
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees