This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wyndham is an interesting hotel loyalty program for points and miles collectors. While most hotel programs charge a widely varying number of points for a free night, Wyndham changed its program in 2015 to charge a flat 15,000 points per night — whether you’re staying in a Super 8 or a Wyndham Grand.
The simplicity is great for general consumers, and the program saw a surge of sign-ups and redemptions. The changes landed the program on TPG‘s list of undervalued loyalty programs. Then, this year the program landed at #2 in TPG‘s ranking of the best hotel loyalty programs.
Trouble is, that simplicity means we don’t talk about the program that much. Just like with cashback cards like the Capital One Venture Rewards Card, there’s not much strategizing to be done with straightforward earning and redemption programs.
But, today, Wyndham launched a great new promotion that has us eyeing our travel calendars for when we can book cheap Wyndham stays: Stay Twice and Earn 15,000 Points.
Remember, those 15,000 points can be redeemed for a free night at any Wyndham property worldwide. So, you can do two stays at a cheap Super 8 or Travelodge and then redeem the points for a free night at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront or another incredible Wyndham property.
There aren’t many terms and conditions to keep in mind. Just register for the promotion by June 30, 2018 and complete two qualifying stays by July 1, 2018. In order to qualify, you’re going to have to book directly with Wyndham or through the hotel’s website. Bookings made through OTAs (Online Travel Agencies) like Hotels.com won’t qualify.
Want to redeem for more than just one free night? Sign-up for the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card to earn 15,000 points after your first purchase and 15,000 additional points after you spend $1,000 within 90 days. Between this Stay Twice promotion and the credit card sign-up bonuses, you’ll end up with 45,000 points — enough for three free nights at any Wyndham property.
Featured image courtesy of Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront.
After just one purchase you'll earn 15,000 points plus an additional 15,000 points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months. While this card has a $75 annual fee, you'll earn 6,000 bonus points annually after your account anniversary year.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after your first purchase. Plus, earn an additional 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases for every participating hotel stay, Wyndham Vacation Rental North America properties, and on-property spend and maintenance fees at Wyndham timeshare properties
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, utility and grocery store purchases (excluding TargetÂ® and WalmartÂ®)
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on purchases everywhere else (excluding Wyndham timeshare downpayments)
- Get Platinum! Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards Platinum Membership
- Earn 6,000 bonus points annually after your account anniversary every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- $75 annual fee