Limited time: 100% bonus when you buy Hilton points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with the latest promotion.
Perhaps you’re looking to redeem your Hilton Honors points for an unforgettable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, the Hilton Moorea in French Polynesia or the Grand Wailea Maui. Or, maybe you’re looking to book a quick weekend getaway at the Conrad New York Downtown. No matter your dream, another Hilton buy points promotion can potentially help you get there.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Current promotional period
This latest promotion started on Jan. 18, and you’ve got until Mar. 5, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
You’ll receive 100% bonus points for purchasing points, beginning at 15,000 points. You can buy a maximum of 80,000 points with this promotion and receive 160,000 points, with a total cost of $800.
However, remember that Hilton Honors caps the points you can buy within a calendar year at 80,000 points. So, if you buy the maximum number of points during this promotion, you won’t be able to buy more Hilton points this year unless a future promotion temporarily increases the calendar year maximum.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
Should you buy Hilton points during this promotion?
Typically, when Hilton sells points, they go for one cent each. But, this bonus allows you to snag points for half of that at 0.5 apiece. TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 cents each, so this sale means you can acquire points for less than the average redemption value.
While we don’t often advise buying points without a specific redemption in mind, doing so can be useful when you’re one or two nights short of making a dream vacation complete. In other words, if you already have 200,000 Honors points but need 350,000 points for a specific booking, jumping on promos like this allow you to book your trip now.
It’s also useful for last-minute bookings at lower category properties. After all, these properties often have inflated cash prices but are affordable when staying with points.
Hilton also gives its elites (and it’s relatively easy to get elite status with the hotel chain) the fifth night free when redeeming for award stays, increasing the value of your points by 20% when staying in increments of five nights. Also, Hilton’s Points and Money Rewards can sometimes allow you to get as much as one cent per point toward subsidizing the cost of a luxury hotel.
It can also make sense to buy points for stays at luxury hotels like the Conrad Bora Bora Nui or the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, where room rates can reach $1,000 a night. If you can maximize the fifth night free on award bookings at these top-tier Hilton properties that generally cost 90,000 to 95,000 points a night, this promo allows you to effectively purchase rooms for $360 to $380 a night.
Other ways to earn Hilton points
If you’ve yet to accumulate Hilton points, consider applying for one of the Hilton Honors Amex credit cards, which include:
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card offers a welcome bonus of 150,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $150 statement credit after your first purchase within your first three months. — which more than makes up for the $95 annual fee (see rates and fees). This offer is worth up to $900, according to TPG valuations.
- If you’re looking for a business credit card, The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a substantial welcome bonus of 150,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months of account opening. Plus, earn a $150 statement credit after your first purchase within your first three months. This card also has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees).
- Finally, there’s the premium Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which offers a welcome bonus of 150,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership. Those 150,000 points are worth $900 based on TPG’s latest valuations. Cardholders also enjoy Hilton’s top-tier Diamond elite status and other perks, which can easily outweigh the card’s $450 annual fee (see rates and fees).
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
When buying Hilton points, Points.com processes the transaction. So a travel rewards card won’t earn bonus points on the purchase. You’ll want to use a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express instead, which are great cards for non-category bonus spend.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
Featured photo of the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Additional reporting by JT Genter, Darren Murph, Katie Genter and Joseph Hostetler.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Surpass card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Aspire card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Business card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.