Limited time: 100% bonus when you buy Hilton points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
This is a recurring post, regularly updated with the latest promotion.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Health officials note that the fastest way to return to normalcy is to stop coming in contact with others. That includes ceasing travel. We are publishing travel deals because we should all use this time to think about and plan our next adventures. TPG doesn’t advise booking trips for travel until the late spring or early summer — and even then be mindful of cancellation policies.
Perhaps you’re looking to cash in your Hilton Honors points for an unforgettable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, the Hilton Moorea in French Polynesia or the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. Or, maybe you’re looking to book a quick weekend getaway. No matter your dream, another Hilton buy points promotion can potentially help you get there.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Current promotional period
This latest promotion published on June 15, and you’ve got until September 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
You’ll receive 100% bonus points for purchasing points, beginning at 10,000 points. Some Hilton members can buy a maximum of 80,000 points with this promotion and receive 160,000 points, with a total cost of $800. However, others are receiving a much higher limit and can purchase up to 160,000 Hilton points with a 100% bonus (totaling 320,000 points) for a cost of $1,600.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
Should you buy Hilton points during this promotion?
Normally, when Hilton sells points, they go for one cent each, but this bonus allows you to snag points for half of that at 0.5 apiece. TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 cents each, so this sale means you can acquire points for less than the average redemption value.
While we don’t often advise buying points to fully fund a stay, these moments are useful when you’re one or two nights short of making a dream vacation complete. In other words, if you already have 200,000 Honors points, but need 350,000 points for a specific booking, jumping on promos like this allows you to instantly book your trip rather than having to earn them via future stays or travel credit card welcome bonuses.
It’s also useful for last-minute bookings at lower category properties — places where it’s relatively affordable to stay via points, but the cash rates are inflated.
Hilton also gives its elites (and it’s quite easy to get elite status with the hotel chain) the fifth night free when redeeming for award stays, increasing the value of your points by 20% when staying in increments of five nights. Also, Hilton’s Points and Money Rewards can sometimes allow you to get as much as 1 cent per point toward subsidizing the cash price of a luxury hotel.
It can also make sense to buy points for stays at luxury hotels like the Conrad Bora Bora Nui or the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, where room rates can reach $1,000 a night. If you can maximize the fifth night free on award bookings at these top-tier Hilton properties that normally cost 90,000 to 95,000 points a night, this promo allows you to effectively purchase rooms for $360 to $380 a night.
Other ways to earn Hilton points
If you’ve yet to accumulate Hilton points, consider applying for one of the chain’s cobranded Amex credit cards, which include:
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card offers a welcome bonus of 130,000 bonus points after you use your card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. – which more than makes up for the $95 annual fee (see rates and fees). This offer is worth up to $780, according to TPG valuations.
- If you’re looking for a business credit card instead of a personal one,The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card also has a substantial welcome bonus — you’ll earn 130,000 Hilton Honors points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on the card in the first three months. This card also has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees).
- Finally, there’s the premium Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which offers a welcome bonus of a whopping 150,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months. Those 150,000 points are worth $900 based on TPG’s latest valuations. Cardholders also enjoy Hilton’s top-tier Diamond elite status, worth north of $3,000 if correctly maximized. Those benefits (and others) easily outweigh the card’s $450 annual fee (see rates and fees).
When buying Hilton points, the transaction is processed by Points.com, so a travel rewards card won’t earn bonus points on the purchase. You’ll want to use a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express instead, which are great cards for non-category bonus spend.
The information for the Chase Freedom Unlimited has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
Featured photo of Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa by the Darren Murph/The Points Guy. JT Genter, Darren Murph and Joseph Hostetler contributed to this post.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Surpass card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Aspire card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Business card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
This card is currently offering a welcome bonus of 150,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn a one-time $100 statement credit after using your new Card to purchase an Expert Flyer Premium annual subscription ($99.99 plus applicable taxes, followed by automatic renewal) within your first year.
- Enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- Earn 14X Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Each year of Card Membership, get up to $250 in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts.
- Enjoy complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees