Last chance: Buy Hilton points with up to a 100% bonus for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
Perhaps you’re looking to redeem Hilton Honors points for an unforgettable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa in French Polynesia or the Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Hawaii. Or maybe you’re looking to book a quick weekend getaway at the Conrad New York Downtown. No matter your dream, a new Hilton Honors promotion could help you earn enough points for your redemption.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Current Hilton promotion
The current Hilton Honors promotion for buying points started on March 17 and will end May 6 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
You’ll receive a 100% bonus on the points you buy during this promotion. You can effectively purchase Hilton points for 0.5 cents each during this promotion.
You can buy a maximum of 160,000 points during this promotion — but bonus points are on top of this maximum. If you buy 160,000 points for $1,600, you’ll get 160,000 bonus points with the 100% bonus. As such, you can obtain up to 320,000 Hilton points with this promotion.
However, remember that Hilton Honors caps the points you can buy within a calendar year. So, if you buy the maximum number of points during this promotion, you won’t be able to buy more Hilton points this year unless a future promotion has a higher cap.
Click here to buy Hilton points during this promotion.
Should you buy Hilton points during this promotion?
Typically, when Hilton sells points, they go for 1 cent each. But this bonus allows you to snag points for half that at 0.5 cents apiece, which is below TPG’s valuation of Hilton points at 0.6 cents each. Half a cent per point is usually the lowest rate at which Hilton will sell its points.
While we don’t often advise buying points without a specific redemption in mind, doing so can be helpful when you’re one or two nights short of making a dream vacation complete. In other words, if you already have 250,000 Honors points but need 350,000 points for a specific booking, utilizing a promotion to buy points would let you book your vacation now.
It can also make sense to buy points and redeem them at high-end Hilton hotels like the Conrad Bora Bora Nui or the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills. After all, room rates can top $1,000 a night at these properties. However, note that Hilton recently raised the price of some properties to 120,000 points per night.
Promotions on buying points can also be helpful for last-minute bookings at lower-category properties. These properties often have inflated cash prices but can be affordable when redeeming points.
Hilton also gives its elite members a fifth night free when redeeming for award stays. This free fifth night can increase the value of your points by 20% if you stay in increments of five nights. Also, Hilton’s Points & Money Rewards can sometimes allow you to get as much as 1 cent per point toward subsidizing the cost of a luxury hotel.
Other ways to earn more Hilton points
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, you can earn up to $130 in statement credits on eligible purchases made on the card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of membership.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, you can earn up to $130 in statement credits on eligible purchases made on the card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of Membership. Offer expires 7/6/2022.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases on the card within your first three months of card membership.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn 100,000 Hilton honors points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of cards membership, plus earn $100 in statement credits on eligible purchases made on the card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of membership.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You can also transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors at a 1:2 ratio (and there’s a 30% transfer bonus available through March 31). However, unless you only need to top off your account, there are usually higher-value uses for your Amex Membership Rewards points.
When buying Hilton points, Points.com processes the transaction, so a travel rewards card won’t earn bonus points on the purchase. You’ll want to use an everyday spending card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express to maximize earnings on your points purchase.
Click here to buy Hilton points. But act quickly — the promotion ends May 6.
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen, JT Genter, Darren Murph, Joseph Hostetler and Andrew Kunesh.
Featured photo of the Conrad Punta de Mita courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees