Limited time: 100% bonus when you buy Hilton points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Health officials note that the fastest way to return to normalcy is to stop coming in contact with others. That includes ceasing travel. We are publishing travel deals because we should all use this time to think about and plan our next adventures. TPG doesn’t advise booking trips for travel until the late spring or early summer — and even then be mindful of cancellation policies.
This is a recurring post, regularly updated with the latest promotion.
Perhaps you’re looking to cash in your Hilton Honors points for an unforgettable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, the Hilton Moorea in French Polynesia or the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. Or, maybe you’re looking to book a quick weekend getaway. No matter your dream, another Hilton buy points promotion can potentially help you get there.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This latest promotion published on March 24, and you’ve got until May 27, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
You’ll receive 100% bonus points for purchasing points, beginning at 10,000 points. Some Hilton members can buy a maximum of 80,000 points with this promotion and receive 160,000 points, with a total cost of $800. However others are receiving a much higher limit and can purchase up to 160,000 Hilton points with a 100% bonus (totaling 320,000 points) for a cost of $1,600.
Normally, when Hilton sells points they go for one cent each, but this bonus allows you to snag points for half that at 0.5 apiece. TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 cents each, so this sale means you can acquire points for less than the average redemption value.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
While we don’t often advise buying points to fully fund a stay, these moments are useful when you’re one or two nights short of making a dream vacation complete. In other words, if you already have 200,000 Honors points, but need 350,000 points for a specific booking, jumping on promos like this allows you to instantly book your trip rather than having to earn them via future stays or travel credit card welcome bonuses. It’s also useful for last-minute bookings at lower category properties — places where it’s relatively affordable to stay via points, but the cash rates are inflated.
Hilton also gives its elites (and it’s quite easy to get elite status with the hotel chain) the fifth night free when redeeming for award stays, increasing the value of your points by 20% when staying in increments of five nights. Also, Hilton’s Points and Money Rewards can sometimes allow you to get as much as 1 cent per point toward subsidizing the cash price of a luxury hotel.
It can also make sense to buy points for stays at luxury hotels like the Conrad Bora Bora Nui or the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, where room rates can reach $1,000 a night. If you can maximize the fifth night free on award bookings at these top-tier Hilton properties that normally cost 90,000 to 95,000 points a night, this promo allows you to effectively purchase rooms for $360 to $380 a night.
If you’ve yet to accumulate Hilton points, consider applying for one of the chain’s cobranded Amex credit cards, which include:
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card offers a welcome bonus of 125,000 bonus points after after you use your new card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of Card Membership — which more than makes up for the $95 annual fee (see rates and fees). This offer is worth up to $750, according to TPG valuations.
- If you’re looking for a business credit card instead of a personal one, the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card also has a substantial welcome bonus — you’ll earn 125,000 Hilton Honors points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on the card in the first three months. This card also has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees).
- Finally, there’s the premium Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which offers a welcome bonus of a whopping 150,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months. Those 150,000 points are worth $900 based on TPG’s latest valuations. Cardholders also enjoy Hilton’s top-tier Diamond elite status, worth north of $3,000 if correctly maximized. Those benefits (and others) easily outweigh the card’s $450 annual fee (see rates and fees).
When buying Hilton points, the transaction is processed by Points.com, so a travel rewards card won’t earn bonus points on the purchase. You’ll want to use a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express instead, which are great cards for non-category bonus spend.
Click here to buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus.
Featured photo of Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa by the Darren Murph/The Points Guy. JT Genter, Darren Murph and Joseph Hostetler contributed to this post.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Surpass card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Aspire card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Hilton Business card, please click here
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees