Buy Hilton points with a 100% bonus for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
Perhaps you’re looking to redeem Hilton Honors points for an unforgettable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, the Hilton Moorea in French Polynesia or the Grand Wailea Maui. Or, maybe you’re looking to book a quick weekend getaway at the Conrad New York Downtown. No matter your dream, a new Hilton Honors buy points promotion could help you earn enough points for your redemption.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Current Hilton buy points promotion
The current Hilton Honors buy points promotion started on Aug. 17, 2021, and is scheduled to end on Sep. 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. During this buy points promotion, you’ll receive 100% bonus Hilton points when you buy at least 10,000 points.
You can buy a maximum of 160,000 points during this promotion. But, bonus points are on top of this maximum. So, if you buy 160,000 points for $1,600, you’ll get 160,000 bonus points for a total of 320,000 points. As such, during this promotion, you can effectively purchase Hilton points for 0.5 cents each.
However, remember that Hilton Honors caps the points you can buy within a calendar year. So, if you buy the maximum number of points during this promotion, you won’t be able to buy more Hilton points this year unless a future promotion has a higher cap.
Click here to buy Hilton points.
Should you buy Hilton points during this promotion?
Typically, when Hilton sells points, they go for one cent each. But, this bonus allows you to snag points for half of that at 0.5 cents each. TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 cents each, so this sale means you can acquire points for less than the average redemption value.
While we don’t often advise buying points without a specific redemption in mind, doing so can be helpful when you’re one or two nights short of making a dream vacation complete. In other words, if you already have 200,000 Honors points but need 350,000 points for a specific booking, utilizing a buy points promotion would let you book your vacation now.
It can also make sense to buy points and redeem them at high-end Hilton hotels like the Conrad Bora Bora Nui or the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills. After all, room rates can top $1,000 a night at these properties. But buy points promotions can also be helpful for last-minute bookings at lower category properties. These properties often have inflated cash prices but can be affordable when redeeming points.
Hilton also gives its elites a fifth night free when redeeming for award stays. This fifth night free can increase the value of your points by 20% if you stay in increments of five nights. Also, Hilton’s Points and Money Rewards can sometimes allow you to get as much as one cent per point toward subsidizing the cost of a luxury hotel.
Other ways to earn more Hilton points
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the card within your first three months of card membership.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the card in the first six months.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You can also transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors at a 1:2 ratio. However, unless you only need to top off your account, there are usually higher-value uses for your Amex Membership Rewards points.
When buying Hilton points, Points.com processes the transaction. So a travel rewards card won’t earn bonus points on the purchase. As such, you’ll want to use an everyday spending card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express to maximize earnings on your points purchase.
Click here to buy Hilton points.
Additional reporting by JT Genter, Darren Murph and Joseph Hostetler.
Featured photo of Resorts World Las Vegas by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees