Earn up to 3,000 Points per Stay With Marriott’s First Promotion of New Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the first time since becoming one unified program with the former Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott has launched a new promotion.
The program’s MegaBonus promotion is the first-ever for 29 brands across the Marriott, SPG and Ritz-Carlton portfolio. With the new promo, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus Marriott Rewards points per stay. The bonus earning breaks down as such: You’ll get 2,000 bonus points on all stays of two nights or more, plus an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 3,000 bonus points are worth $27.
You must register for MegaBonus by January 7, 2019, and stay at participating properties between September 26, 2018, and January 31, 2019. According to the terms and conditions, most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn bonus points as part of this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded up to six weeks after the promotion ends, and only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. For a full list of participating brands, head here.
Note that in order to register for the promotion, there is no public landing page. Instead, you’ll need to log in to your Marriott account, and click the Promotions tab. Then, look for the MegaBonus promotion, and click Register.
Is this the most rewarding promotion out there? No. In fact, it might not even be one worth switching your plans in order to stay at Marriott-branded properties. However, if you’re a Marriott loyalist or even if you have upcoming stays planned, this is a promotion you’ll want to register for. Turning down bonus points is never a good idea.
Featured photo courtesy of St. Regis Langkawi.
H/T: View From the Wing
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.