This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the first time since becoming one unified program with the former Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott has launched a new promotion.
The program’s MegaBonus promotion is the first-ever for 29 brands across the Marriott, SPG and Ritz-Carlton portfolio. With the new promo, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus Marriott Rewards points per stay. The bonus earning breaks down as such: You’ll get 2,000 bonus points on all stays of two nights or more, plus an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 3,000 bonus points are worth $27.
You must register for MegaBonus by January 7, 2019, and stay at participating properties between September 26, 2018, and January 31, 2019. According to the terms and conditions, most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn bonus points as part of this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded up to six weeks after the promotion ends, and only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. For a full list of participating brands, head here.
Note that in order to register for the promotion, there is no public landing page. Instead, you’ll need to log in to your Marriott account, and click the Promotions tab. Then, look for the MegaBonus promotion, and click Register.
Is this the most rewarding promotion out there? No. In fact, it might not even be one worth switching your plans in order to stay at Marriott-branded properties. However, if you’re a Marriott loyalist or even if you have upcoming stays planned, this is a promotion you’ll want to register for. Turning down bonus points is never a good idea.
Featured photo courtesy of St. Regis Langkawi.
H/T: View From the Wing
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards