Video: Watch an Airbus A350 Perform a Nearly Vertical Takeoff
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus has currently built or started production on at least 237 Airbus A350s, but the second one ever built is still turning heads. Airbus’ second-ever A350-900XWB (MSN002, registration F-WWCF) is currently employed by the aircraft manufacturer for airshows, relief flights and testing cabin innovations.
The Airbus test pilots who fly it in airshows love to show off what it can do, and they put the aircraft on full display at ILA Berlin last weekend:
In case you’re wondering, this isn’t a specially modified Airbus A350 doing those acrobatics. I got to tour this aircraft at ILA Berlin between flights and found the cabins are nearly full with seats.
The cockpit is the same glass cockpit you’d find on any other Airbus A350:
And the engines are the same Rolls Royce Trent XWB engines found on all other Airbus A350s:
Hopefully no Airbus A350 needs to make such extreme moves with passengers on-board. But, it’s sure impressive to watch!
Featured image of the Airbus A350 demonstrator at the Dubai Air Show in November 2017 by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy.
H/T: Airliner Watch
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.