Watch Singapore Airlines Show Us Around The Most Impressive First-Class Suite to Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been an incredible month for jaw-dropping first-class cabins. Travelers with deep pockets, or with a nice stash of points and miles, now have two outstanding options for uber-luxury travel: Emirates’ entirely redesigned suite on thhe boeing 777-300ER, which launched on December 1, and Singapore’s gigantic new first-class product, which will be available on one A380 flight to Sydney (SYD) beginning on Monday.
I had an opportunity to explore Singapore’s new first class onboard the delivery flight from Airbus HQ in Toulouse, France (TLS) this week, and even got a private tour from Shanti, one of the airline’s most celebrated flight attendants. I’ll be chiming in with some more suites coverage over the next few days, but your first stop should be Shanti’s tour below.
Initially, the new product is only available on one Airbus A380, with registration 9V-SKU. That’s the plane that launches on the Sydney route this coming Monday, operating the following flights:
- SQ221 Singapore (SIN) 8:40pm Departure ⇒ Sydney (SYD) 7:40am (+1) Arrival
- SQ232 Sydney (SYD) 12:15pm Departure ⇒ Singapore (SIN) 5:35pm Arrival
Round-trip flights with the new suite product will run you upwards of $6,242. Award flights start at 80,000 KrisFlyer miles at the saver level, but I’m only seeing standard awards, priced at 150,000 miles each way. See this post for more on using your miles to fly in the new suites.
Singapore’s four remaining A380s on order and still in production will all sport the new suites, and late next year, the carrier will begin retrofitting its current fleet to include the new first-class cabin, in addition to brand-new business-class seats, new coach seats and the premium-economy product that’s already flying today.
While the next flight to get the new product has yet to be confirmed, I’d put my money on one of the daily London (LHR) frequencies, or perhaps another destination in Europe. All of the Singapore-owned A380s are expected to offer the refreshed cabins by the end of 2020, but hopefully we’ll see this fantastic new suite flying to New York (JFK) long before then.
For more on Singapore’s new A380, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.