Here’s How You Can Book Singapore’s Incredible New First-Class Suite With Points & Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Singapore Airlines just unveiled a marvelous update to its already amazing first-class suites. With a huge swivel chair and a completely separate bed, this definitely is one of the best products in the sky.
The recently developed suites will roll out on December 18, 2017 on Singapore’s new A380 flying the route between Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD). Singapore will be receiving five new A380s with the updated first-class product, although the airline has not made public what other routes they will fly on.
If you’re eager to try the new suites, here’s how you can book them with miles:
- First, you’ll need to log in to your Singapore KrisFlyer account. If you aren’t already a member, you can create an account for free.
- Then you’ll need to transfer points in from a credit card rewards account. American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints can all be transferred in to Singapore’s KrisFlyer program at a 1:1 ratio.
- And if you’re lacking points in any of these programs, you can get yourself off to a good start with a proper sign-up bonus. Cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card both have 50,000 point sign-up bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months of account opening. The Platinum Card® from American Express has a 60,000 point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months. And lastly the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express currently has a 75,000-point bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can book the award flight. Right now, according to Singapore’s award chart, at the saver level the suite goes for 80,000 miles one-way on the Singapore to Sydney route. Unfortunately, we aren’t seeing any availability for saver awards, so unless you find saver availability you’ll have to book at the higher rate of 150,000 miles (plus about $49 in taxes). One-way flights are going for about $4,000, so you’d still be getting a decent value even when booking at the higher rate. Make sure you choose the flight that leaves Singapore at 8:40pm, as that is the A380 with the new suites. If you’re departing from Sydney, the flight at 12:15pm will have the new product as well.
If you don’t want to go all out on the Suites, you can try Singapore’s new business seat, which doesn’t look too shabby itself.
Biz seats at the saver level are easier to come by and will cost you 58,000 miles, but you might have to put yourself on the waitlist. Again, keep in mind that these seats are only on the SIN to SYD flight departing at 8:40pm or the SYD to SIN flight departing at 12:15pm.
If you want to experience flying in what feels like a private mini-cabin but can’t make it to Sydney or Singapore anytime soon, you can still fly the older suite from New York (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA). If you can find seats at the saver rate, you’ll only shell out 76,000 miles one-way plus taxes.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees