Check Out Singapore Airlines’ New A380 Business Class Product
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to its next-generation Suites product, Singapore Airlines also introduced a new business-class product that will make its debut on its upcoming refreshed A380. While the new Suites product feels like a radical change, this new business-class product feels more evolutionary.
Business class on the A380 will consist of 78 seats arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration on the aircraft’s upper deck. Each seat is 25 inches wide and offers 50 inches of pitch. When fully reclined, each bed measures 78 inches, or 6’6″.
The most exciting feature of this new product without a doubt is that the paired seats can be converted into a double bed. It’s similar to Qatar’s new Qsuite business-class product, though Singapore’s biz seats don’t feature sliding doors.
If you’re traveling alone and don’t want to use the double bed feature, there’s plenty of privacy even in the middle seats thanks in large part to a sizable privacy divider.
As mentioned above, these seats don’t feature doors, but their unique shells make them feel plenty private. The color scheme is pretty great, too.
Speaking of that shell, these seats are constructed primarily from carbon fiber as opposed to metal which is most commonly used. As a result, the base of the seat is much thinner, which allows for more storage space at each seat. In fact, you can fit a standard carry-on sized bag under the seat in front of you.
All seats feature a large, 18-inch IFE screen — the same size as those found in the new Delta One Suites. In addition, there’s a panel that contains both USB and AC power so you’ll have no trouble staying powered up on a long flight.
One glaring drawback of this seat, however, is the awkward, angled foot cubby as you can see in the picture above. If anyone’s flown in business class on Singapore’s A350, then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. Basically, when you recline, the only place for your feet is that cubby, which is not centered, meaning you have to angle your whole body to stretch out, like you can see in this picture of TPG reclined in the seat:
There is a way to avoid this less-than-ideal situation — by snagging a seat in a bulkhead row. There are three bulkheads in business class on the new A380 so your chances are better than they would be on other aircraft. Below is what your bed will look like if you are able to score a bulkhead seat.
The first A380 with the new business-class product will be flying as of December 18, 2017 on the route between Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD). After that, the carrier plans to take delivery of four more new A380s and will perform a complete retrofits of the rest of its A380s by 2020.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees