This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines just took delivery of 9V-SKU, its first Airbus A380 with the brand-new suites. But in addition to that out-of-this world first-class product, the carrier’s latest aircraft is also the first to offer SQ’s newest business class product — a step up from the biz seat available on recent deliveries, such as the Airbus A350-900, and a huge improvement over the older seat currently installed on most of the carrier’s A380s.
In addition to those six fantastic suites, the all-premium upper deck sports a total of 78 business seats.
Seats are arranged in a spacious 1-2-1 configuration.
While other carriers might offer a staggered arrangement with their similar 1-2-1 products, Singapore’s is consistent from one row to the next.
The one exception is bulkhead seats, which offer significantly larger footwells.
Window seats are positioned next to the aisle…
… while all middle seats are dead-center, arranged side-by-side.
That’s great for couples traveling together, especially when it’s time to sleep, since you’ll be able to create what’s effectively a double bed, a rarity in business class.
Strangers in the center seats will still have privacy, though, thanks to an optional motorized partition.
Personally, I’d prefer having a window seat — for easier viewing and separation from the aisle — but the side partition should help minimize distractions.
The design’s pretty slick, with unique lighting features and high-tech touch controls.
The lavatories, while not gigantic, are well-appointed — and spotless, of course, since they’ve never been used!
I’ll be spending nearly 13 hours in the new business-class seat on Wednesday’s delivery flight from Toulouse, France (TLS) to Singapore (SIN).
Stay tuned for a more detailed look at all of the new products, and follow along live on TPG’s Facebook page, along with my own Instagram and Twitter accounts, as I’ll be sharing updates from Wednesday’s flight to Singapore throughout the week.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees