First Look at Singapore Airlines’ Brand-New Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines just took delivery of 9V-SKU, its first Airbus A380 with the brand-new suites. But in addition to that out-of-this world first-class product, the carrier’s latest aircraft is also the first to offer SQ’s newest business class product — a step up from the biz seat available on recent deliveries, such as the Airbus A350-900, and a huge improvement over the older seat currently installed on most of the carrier’s A380s.
In addition to those six fantastic suites, the all-premium upper deck sports a total of 78 business seats.
Seats are arranged in a spacious 1-2-1 configuration.
While other carriers might offer a staggered arrangement with their similar 1-2-1 products, Singapore’s is consistent from one row to the next.
The one exception is bulkhead seats, which offer significantly larger footwells.
Window seats are positioned next to the aisle…
… while all middle seats are dead-center, arranged side-by-side.
That’s great for couples traveling together, especially when it’s time to sleep, since you’ll be able to create what’s effectively a double bed, a rarity in business class.
Strangers in the center seats will still have privacy, though, thanks to an optional motorized partition.
Personally, I’d prefer having a window seat — for easier viewing and separation from the aisle — but the side partition should help minimize distractions.
The design’s pretty slick, with unique lighting features and high-tech touch controls.
The lavatories, while not gigantic, are well-appointed — and spotless, of course, since they’ve never been used!
I’ll be spending nearly 13 hours in the new business-class seat on Wednesday’s delivery flight from Toulouse, France (TLS) to Singapore (SIN).
Stay tuned for a more detailed look at all of the new products, and follow along live on TPG’s Facebook page, along with my own Instagram and Twitter accounts, as I’ll be sharing updates from Wednesday’s flight to Singapore throughout the week.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees