This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines just took delivery of 9V-SKU, its first Airbus A380 with the brand-new suites. But in addition to that out-of-this world first-class product, the carrier’s latest aircraft is also the first to offer SQ’s newest business class product — a step up from the biz seat available on recent deliveries, such as the Airbus A350-900, and a huge improvement over the older seat currently installed on most of the carrier’s A380s.
In addition to those six fantastic suites, the all-premium upper deck sports a total of 78 business seats.
Seats are arranged in a spacious 1-2-1 configuration.
While other carriers might offer a staggered arrangement with their similar 1-2-1 products, Singapore’s is consistent from one row to the next.
The one exception is bulkhead seats, which offer significantly larger footwells.
Window seats are positioned next to the aisle…
… while all middle seats are dead-center, arranged side-by-side.
That’s great for couples traveling together, especially when it’s time to sleep, since you’ll be able to create what’s effectively a double bed, a rarity in business class.
Strangers in the center seats will still have privacy, though, thanks to an optional motorized partition.
Personally, I’d prefer having a window seat — for easier viewing and separation from the aisle — but the side partition should help minimize distractions.
The design’s pretty slick, with unique lighting features and high-tech touch controls.
The lavatories, while not gigantic, are well-appointed — and spotless, of course, since they’ve never been used!
I’ll be spending nearly 13 hours in the new business-class seat on Wednesday’s delivery flight from Toulouse, France (TLS) to Singapore (SIN).
Stay tuned for a more detailed look at all of the new products, and follow along live on TPG’s Facebook page, along with my own Instagram and Twitter accounts, as I’ll be sharing updates from Wednesday’s flight to Singapore throughout the week.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards