First Look at Singapore Airlines’ Brand-New Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines just took delivery of 9V-SKU, its first Airbus A380 with the brand-new suites. But in addition to that out-of-this world first-class product, the carrier’s latest aircraft is also the first to offer SQ’s newest business class product — a step up from the biz seat available on recent deliveries, such as the Airbus A350-900, and a huge improvement over the older seat currently installed on most of the carrier’s A380s.
In addition to those six fantastic suites, the all-premium upper deck sports a total of 78 business seats.
Seats are arranged in a spacious 1-2-1 configuration.
While other carriers might offer a staggered arrangement with their similar 1-2-1 products, Singapore’s is consistent from one row to the next.
The one exception is bulkhead seats, which offer significantly larger footwells.
Window seats are positioned next to the aisle…
… while all middle seats are dead-center, arranged side-by-side.
That’s great for couples traveling together, especially when it’s time to sleep, since you’ll be able to create what’s effectively a double bed, a rarity in business class.
Strangers in the center seats will still have privacy, though, thanks to an optional motorized partition.
Personally, I’d prefer having a window seat — for easier viewing and separation from the aisle — but the side partition should help minimize distractions.
The design’s pretty slick, with unique lighting features and high-tech touch controls.
The lavatories, while not gigantic, are well-appointed — and spotless, of course, since they’ve never been used!
I’ll be spending nearly 13 hours in the new business-class seat on Wednesday’s delivery flight from Toulouse, France (TLS) to Singapore (SIN).
Stay tuned for a more detailed look at all of the new products, and follow along live on TPG’s Facebook page, along with my own Instagram and Twitter accounts, as I’ll be sharing updates from Wednesday’s flight to Singapore throughout the week.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees