This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two of American Express’ most exciting Centurion Lounges to date are gearing up to welcome cardholders in the days and weeks to come. The new Hong Kong location will be the first to open, followed shortly by Philadelphia.
First up is the Centurion Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport, which will open its doors to customers this coming Monday, October 2. The 8,000-square-foot lounge is located in Terminal 1 and will offer the following amenities:
- A buffet with local and international dishes from French toast and gnocchi to dim sum and fried rice
- An a-la-carte menu developed by Michelin-starred chef Lau Yiu
- A full bar with cocktails from mixologist Jim Meehan and wines picked by Anthony Giglio
- Restrooms and a private shower suite with L’Occitane amenities
- Private phone rooms and a meeting bar
- A special area for Centurion cardholders with an on-site Member Services Professional
Meanwhile, the new Philly lounge will open later in October, with the date yet to be confirmed. This lounge will offer local specialties as detailed here from Michael Solomonov, the city’s top-rated chef. There will be 6,300 square feet of public space, a complimentary full bar, workspaces and private phone areas, floor-to-ceiling windows and more.
Access to these lounges is limited to Amex cardmembers and their guests. If you have the Centurion or one of the Platinum cards, such as The Platinum Card from American Express or The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN, access is free for you and two guests.
Meanwhile, cardmembers with other Amex products can purchase a day pass for $50.
Update: As of Monday, October 2, only cardmembers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express will be able to access Centurion Lounges. Eligible cardmembers will be able to bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.