This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN
Update 1/17/17 3:25pm: Amex sent along the following statement confirming the PHL lounge:
We are planning to open a new Centurion lounge location in the Philadelphia airport later this year, but we cannot confirm further details at this time.
Great news for Philly locals and American Airlines travelers heading across the pond — American Express is planning to open a Centurion Lounge at Philadelphia International Airport! Construction is expected to begin on February 27, with an anticipated opening date of August 3, 2017.
If you’re based at PHL (or often find yourself near another Centurion Lounge), this is yet another great reason to take advantage of the limited-time 100,000-point bonus available with the Business Platinum Card from American Express, which gets you in for free. If you sign up by January 25, you’ll also be eligible to earn 50,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months, plus another 50,000 points after spending a total of $15,000 within the same period. You’ll also get free access with The Platinum Card from American Express. If you have another American Express card, such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express you can pay $50 for a day pass to enter.
Amex’s latest Centurion Lounge will be located in Terminal A West, which is used for international departures (but accessible from other airport terminals). Unfortunately there won’t be much of a view to speak of, but Centurion Lounges typically offer enough amenities that you’d hardly be spending much time looking out the window anyway.
This particular lounge will be located directly above the existing British Airways lounge, and will consist of 5,500 square feet of customer and back-of-house space, with a sit-down bar, buffet and a self-serve drink bar. There will be a variety of public seating areas, plus a small room for telephone calls, etc. There will be six bathrooms and a large shower room.
Above are the plans for the new lounge — as you can see, guests will enter on the Concourse Level (just as at SFO) and will walk up stairs (or take an elevator) to Level 2.
This new lounge joins Amex’s growing portfolio of top-notch spaces, including the new Houston Centurion Lounge at IAH, along with locations at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Las Vegas McCarran (LAS), New York-La Guardia (LGA), Miami (MIA), Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO).
H/T: TPG Reader
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees