Philly’s Top Chef to Create the Menu at New Centurion Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ network of Centurion lounges is already known for the quality of the food in each location, as each lounge has a menu created specifically for it by a high-profile chef. The upcoming lounge in Philadelphia, however, may feature the best culinary partnership between Amex and a local chef. As reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Amex has teamed up with Philly local and celebrity chef Michael Solomonov, who is working to create a menu complete inspired by Israeli cuisine, set to debut when the lounge opens next month.
Solomonov is a co-owner and executive chef at Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia, which has been a staple in the city’s dining scene since it opened in 2008. He is also the recipient of a James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Chef in 2017. It’s reported that the lounge in PHL will feature items such as challah French toast with tahini and blueberries, kale tabbouleh with apples and pomegranate, Bulgarian kebabs with red pepper and white bean salad and malabi with coconut and passionfruit.
Asked about his partnership with Amex, Solomonov said: “It’s such an exciting time to be a Philadelphian and I am grateful for the opportunity to show visitors to our historic town what the City of Brotherly Love is all about.”
As a reminder, the lounge will take up a massive 6,300 square-feet of space directly above the British Airways lounge in Terminal A West and will feature the (presumably) delicious food selections from Chef Solomonov, a full bar with complimentary premium cocktails, a private shower suite, free Wi-Fi and private workspaces. In addition to the lounge in PHL, Amex will soon be opening a location in Hong Kong (HKG) which will feature a menu from executive chef Lau Yiu Fai from Yan Toh Heen, a two-time Michelin starred restaurant at the Intercontinental Hong Kong, as reported by One Mile At a Time.
Zahav is a highly-regarded restaurant among Philadelphians and visitors alike and we’re optimistic that the partnership with Chef Solomonov will result in delicious food at the forthcoming Centurion lounge.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees