Philly’s Top Chef to Create the Menu at New Centurion Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ network of Centurion lounges is already known for the quality of the food in each location, as each lounge has a menu created specifically for it by a high-profile chef. The upcoming lounge in Philadelphia, however, may feature the best culinary partnership between Amex and a local chef. As reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Amex has teamed up with Philly local and celebrity chef Michael Solomonov, who is working to create a menu complete inspired by Israeli cuisine, set to debut when the lounge opens next month.
Solomonov is a co-owner and executive chef at Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia, which has been a staple in the city’s dining scene since it opened in 2008. He is also the recipient of a James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Chef in 2017. It’s reported that the lounge in PHL will feature items such as challah French toast with tahini and blueberries, kale tabbouleh with apples and pomegranate, Bulgarian kebabs with red pepper and white bean salad and malabi with coconut and passionfruit.
Asked about his partnership with Amex, Solomonov said: “It’s such an exciting time to be a Philadelphian and I am grateful for the opportunity to show visitors to our historic town what the City of Brotherly Love is all about.”
As a reminder, the lounge will take up a massive 6,300 square-feet of space directly above the British Airways lounge in Terminal A West and will feature the (presumably) delicious food selections from Chef Solomonov, a full bar with complimentary premium cocktails, a private shower suite, free Wi-Fi and private workspaces. In addition to the lounge in PHL, Amex will soon be opening a location in Hong Kong (HKG) which will feature a menu from executive chef Lau Yiu Fai from Yan Toh Heen, a two-time Michelin starred restaurant at the Intercontinental Hong Kong, as reported by One Mile At a Time.
Zahav is a highly-regarded restaurant among Philadelphians and visitors alike and we’re optimistic that the partnership with Chef Solomonov will result in delicious food at the forthcoming Centurion lounge.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.