This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ network of Centurion lounges is already known for the quality of the food in each location, as each lounge has a menu created specifically for it by a high-profile chef. The upcoming lounge in Philadelphia, however, may feature the best culinary partnership between Amex and a local chef. As reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Amex has teamed up with Philly local and celebrity chef Michael Solomonov, who is working to create a menu complete inspired by Israeli cuisine, set to debut when the lounge opens next month.
Solomonov is a co-owner and executive chef at Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia, which has been a staple in the city’s dining scene since it opened in 2008. He is also the recipient of a James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Chef in 2017. It’s reported that the lounge in PHL will feature items such as challah French toast with tahini and blueberries, kale tabbouleh with apples and pomegranate, Bulgarian kebabs with red pepper and white bean salad and malabi with coconut and passionfruit.
Asked about his partnership with Amex, Solomonov said: “It’s such an exciting time to be a Philadelphian and I am grateful for the opportunity to show visitors to our historic town what the City of Brotherly Love is all about.”
As a reminder, the lounge will take up a massive 6,300 square-feet of space directly above the British Airways lounge in Terminal A West and will feature the (presumably) delicious food selections from Chef Solomonov, a full bar with complimentary premium cocktails, a private shower suite, free Wi-Fi and private workspaces. In addition to the lounge in PHL, Amex will soon be opening a location in Hong Kong (HKG) which will feature a menu from executive chef Lau Yiu Fai from Yan Toh Heen, a two-time Michelin starred restaurant at the Intercontinental Hong Kong, as reported by One Mile At a Time.
Zahav is a highly-regarded restaurant among Philadelphians and visitors alike and we’re optimistic that the partnership with Chef Solomonov will result in delicious food at the forthcoming Centurion lounge.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that