This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ network of Centurion lounges is already known for the quality of the food in each location, as each lounge has a menu created specifically for it by a high-profile chef. The upcoming lounge in Philadelphia, however, may feature the best culinary partnership between Amex and a local chef. As reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Amex has teamed up with Philly local and celebrity chef Michael Solomonov, who is working to create a menu complete inspired by Israeli cuisine, set to debut when the lounge opens next month.
Solomonov is a co-owner and executive chef at Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia, which has been a staple in the city’s dining scene since it opened in 2008. He is also the recipient of a James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Chef in 2017. It’s reported that the lounge in PHL will feature items such as challah French toast with tahini and blueberries, kale tabbouleh with apples and pomegranate, Bulgarian kebabs with red pepper and white bean salad and malabi with coconut and passionfruit.
Asked about his partnership with Amex, Solomonov said: “It’s such an exciting time to be a Philadelphian and I am grateful for the opportunity to show visitors to our historic town what the City of Brotherly Love is all about.”
As a reminder, the lounge will take up a massive 6,300 square-feet of space directly above the British Airways lounge in Terminal A West and will feature the (presumably) delicious food selections from Chef Solomonov, a full bar with complimentary premium cocktails, a private shower suite, free Wi-Fi and private workspaces. In addition to the lounge in PHL, Amex will soon be opening a location in Hong Kong (HKG) which will feature a menu from executive chef Lau Yiu Fai from Yan Toh Heen, a two-time Michelin starred restaurant at the Intercontinental Hong Kong, as reported by One Mile At a Time.
Zahav is a highly-regarded restaurant among Philadelphians and visitors alike and we’re optimistic that the partnership with Chef Solomonov will result in delicious food at the forthcoming Centurion lounge.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees