Would You Wait 10 Hours for the Latest Harry Potter Ride, Hagrid’s Coaster?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We all know Harry Potter is popular. If you don’t, it’s a mighty hefty rock you’re living under. We also know that theme park lines can be long. Really long. We’ve recorded waits as long as five hours at Disney World (and can’t quite figure out why people wait that long). But, what about a line twice that long?
That’s what happened this morning for the debut of Universal Orlando’s newest ride. Don’t get me wrong, we’re excited for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. But, even we didn’t anticipate this:
If you arrived early enough in the morning, the line was a more manageable six hours. Gulp! That’s still a LONG wait!
Maybe you’re thinking the numbers are exaggerated. However, we heard from folks who saw stanchions being setup for Hagrid’s line in Seuss Landing, which is a long way from Hogsmeade. And, TPG Family has one of our folks, Rona Gindin, in line to bring you the latest information on what Day 1 is like. Early reports from Rona are that it’ll be about an eight-hour wait before she gets to ride Hagrid’s Motorbike for the first time. Thankfully, Universal is handing out water and allowing bathroom breaks to those in line.
Mother Nature Throws in a Weather Delay
Almost 10 hours into the day, the weather has started to wreak havoc with those most committed. After standing in line most of the day, folks are having to wait while the ride closes intermittently for bad weather.
Fortunately for those waiting in line, the thunderstorms seem to be moving out of the area in the late afternoon. So, folks should still get a chance to ride, unless Orlando’s penchant for summer thunderstorms decides to have a late night.
Fans Having Fun Despite the Wait
TPG will have a full review of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure for you shortly, as soon as Rona has had a chance to actually make her way through the entire line. From the looks of Instagram, some of the most dedicated Potter Heads have chosen to sit out Day 1 while others seem to be enjoying the heck out of the new ride. We’re there at the beginning and will have a firsthand look for you shortly!
If today is any indication, lines for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure may push expectations for the coming weeks and maybe even months. Follow our coverage to learn more about the ride and making the best use of your time at Universal Orlando.
Read on for more Universal Studios tips and reviews:
- Why Now is the Best Time to Buy Theme Park Tickets
- How to Get the Most Out of One Day at Universal Studios
- Is Universal Studios Orlando Getting a New Theme Park?
- 5 Ways Universal Studios is Better Than Disney
- Inside a $3,000 Universal Studios VIP Tour
Featured image courtesy of Universal Orlando
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees