World’s Most Frequent Flyer Beats 20-Million-Mile Record
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This time last year, Tom Stuker was a mere 19-million-miler — now, the world’s most traveled man’s lifetime United tally has soared past 21. That’s right, Tom’s now completed an absolutely mind-boggling 21 million butt-in-seat miles, exclusively on paid United Airlines flights — earning lifetime Global Services status many times over. 21,000,000 miles. That is nuts.
Tom hit 21 million on a recent flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles, but United celebrated the achievement this week ahead of his flight from Chicago to Frankfurt.
As with many frequent United flyers, I’ve run into Tom during his various globe-trotting adventures, including on the final United 747 flight from San Francisco to Honolulu, when I even “stole” his beloved seat 1A.
Then, earlier this year, I joined Tom on a quick trip to Sydney, where we explored the city and filmed a handful of tips videos, including a couple of my favorites (set at Tom’s second home, onboard a United 787-9):
As for what’s next? Tom’s going to keep on flying — he expects to hit 22 million by June 2020, or perhaps even a bit sooner than that.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees