World’s Most Frequent Flyer Beats 20-Million-Mile Record
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This time last year, Tom Stuker was a mere 19-million-miler — now, the world’s most traveled man’s lifetime United tally has soared past 21. That’s right, Tom’s now completed an absolutely mind-boggling 21 million butt-in-seat miles, exclusively on paid United Airlines flights — earning lifetime Global Services status many times over. 21,000,000 miles. That is nuts.
Tom hit 21 million on a recent flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles, but United celebrated the achievement this week ahead of his flight from Chicago to Frankfurt.
As with many frequent United flyers, I’ve run into Tom during his various globe-trotting adventures, including on the final United 747 flight from San Francisco to Honolulu, when I even “stole” his beloved seat 1A.
Then, earlier this year, I joined Tom on a quick trip to Sydney, where we explored the city and filmed a handful of tips videos, including a couple of my favorites (set at Tom’s second home, onboard a United 787-9):
As for what’s next? Tom’s going to keep on flying — he expects to hit 22 million by June 2020, or perhaps even a bit sooner than that.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.