Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Choosing the Best Seat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s most frequent flyer is back with some more top-notch traveler tips. This week, we’re focusing on some prep you might want to do before you even get to the airport — namely, Tom Stuker’s advice for choosing the best seat on the plane.
Tom spends a lot of time on United’s various long-haul jets, and since he often travels to Australia, that means making do with the airline’s older 2-2-2 config — though UA’s planning to add its new Polaris seats to its ultra-long-haul Dreamliner fleet as well. Tom shares his seat picks in the video below.
While we often recommend taking advice from the experts at SeatGuru, especially when traveling in some of the more obscure cabins, we do our best to provide detailed seat-by-seat analysis as well, from Singapore’s A350-900ULR now operating the world’s longest flight to United’s tight 3-4-3 economy config.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.