Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Choosing the Best Seat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s most frequent flyer is back with some more top-notch traveler tips. This week, we’re focusing on some prep you might want to do before you even get to the airport — namely, Tom Stuker’s advice for choosing the best seat on the plane.
Tom spends a lot of time on United’s various long-haul jets, and since he often travels to Australia, that means making do with the airline’s older 2-2-2 config — though UA’s planning to add its new Polaris seats to its ultra-long-haul Dreamliner fleet as well. Tom shares his seat picks in the video below.
While we often recommend taking advice from the experts at SeatGuru, especially when traveling in some of the more obscure cabins, we do our best to provide detailed seat-by-seat analysis as well, from Singapore’s A350-900ULR now operating the world’s longest flight to United’s tight 3-4-3 economy config.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.