Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Do Your Amenity Research!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Given the level of excitement surrounding any Stuker-related milestone, I decided to join the world’s most frequent flyer for a big trip to Australia, flying a whopping 20,000 miles round-trip for just little more than 24 hours spent on the ground.
It was quite the whirlwind, as you might imagine. Still, Tom had plenty of time to offer up some of his top traveler tips during our ultra-long-haul trip. We’ll be sharing something new each week, on the site, @thepointsguy’s Instagram account and YouTube as well.
In our first installment, Tom explains how doing research before a flight will ensure you don’t miss out on any goodies. United, his airline of choice, offers mattress pads and pajamas on certain long-haul flights, but you have to know to ask — unlike pillows, blankets and amenity kits, those items won’t be waiting at your seat. He also shares a fantastic tip for any unused items you’re thinking about leaving behind.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.