Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Do Your Amenity Research!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Given the level of excitement surrounding any Stuker-related milestone, I decided to join the world’s most frequent flyer for a big trip to Australia, flying a whopping 20,000 miles round-trip for just little more than 24 hours spent on the ground.
It was quite the whirlwind, as you might imagine. Still, Tom had plenty of time to offer up some of his top traveler tips during our ultra-long-haul trip. We’ll be sharing something new each week, on the site, @thepointsguy’s Instagram account and YouTube as well.
In our first installment, Tom explains how doing research before a flight will ensure you don’t miss out on any goodies. United, his airline of choice, offers mattress pads and pajamas on certain long-haul flights, but you have to know to ask — unlike pillows, blankets and amenity kits, those items won’t be waiting at your seat. He also shares a fantastic tip for any unused items you’re thinking about leaving behind.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees