Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Do Your Amenity Research!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Given the level of excitement surrounding any Stuker-related milestone, I decided to join the world’s most frequent flyer for a big trip to Australia, flying a whopping 20,000 miles round-trip for just little more than 24 hours spent on the ground.
It was quite the whirlwind, as you might imagine. Still, Tom had plenty of time to offer up some of his top traveler tips during our ultra-long-haul trip. We’ll be sharing something new each week, on the site, @thepointsguy’s Instagram account and YouTube as well.
In our first installment, Tom explains how doing research before a flight will ensure you don’t miss out on any goodies. United, his airline of choice, offers mattress pads and pajamas on certain long-haul flights, but you have to know to ask — unlike pillows, blankets and amenity kits, those items won’t be waiting at your seat. He also shares a fantastic tip for any unused items you’re thinking about leaving behind.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.