TAP Adding Flight From San Francisco to Lisbon in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently began taking delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neos — with 21 new wide-body jets expected within the next 18 months, the neo is poised to boost the airline’s fleet significantly.
We’ve already seen TAP announce new routes as a result — including new options from Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), just last week — and now we’ve learned that the airline’s planning to introduce a third new long-haul flight, between San Francisco (SFO) and Lisbon (LIS).
Beginning June 10, 2019, TAP will operate five weekly round-trips from SFO, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- TP 236 San Francisco (SFO) 4:10pm Departure → Lisbon (LIS) 11:25am (+1) Arrival
- TP 237 Lisbon (LIS) 10:00am Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 2:40pm Arrival
While awards haven’t been loaded yet, paid fares are already available to book, with economy priced at $797 round-trip through the end of the schedule.
Meanwhile, TAP’s new A330neo business class will run you a reasonable $3,101 round-trip.
TAP will be adding its A330-900neo to its existing long-haul routes as well — as of now, the aircraft’s US debut is scheduled for March 1, 2019, operating the airline’s existing flight to Miami (MIA).
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.