This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently began taking delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neos — with 21 new wide-body jets expected within the next 18 months, the neo is poised to boost the airline’s fleet significantly.
We’ve already seen TAP announce new routes as a result — including new options from Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), just last week — and now we’ve learned that the airline’s planning to introduce a third new long-haul flight, between San Francisco (SFO) and Lisbon (LIS).
Beginning June 10, 2019, TAP will operate five weekly round-trips from SFO, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- TP 236 San Francisco (SFO) 4:10pm Departure → Lisbon (LIS) 11:25am (+1) Arrival
- TP 237 Lisbon (LIS) 10:00am Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 2:40pm Arrival
While awards haven’t been loaded yet, paid fares are already available to book, with economy priced at $797 round-trip through the end of the schedule.
Meanwhile, TAP’s new A330neo business class will run you a reasonable $3,101 round-trip.
TAP will be adding its A330-900neo to its existing long-haul routes as well — as of now, the aircraft’s US debut is scheduled for March 1, 2019, operating the airline’s existing flight to Miami (MIA).
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
- TAP Air Portugal Expands Its US Presence
- Flying Business Class on the World’s First Airbus A330neo
- Step Inside the First Airbus A330neo
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*