This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently began taking delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neos — with 21 new wide-body jets expected within the next 18 months, the neo is poised to boost the airline’s fleet significantly.
We’ve already seen TAP announce new routes as a result — including new options from Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), just last week — and now we’ve learned that the airline’s planning to introduce a third new long-haul flight, between San Francisco (SFO) and Lisbon (LIS).
Beginning June 10, 2019, TAP will operate five weekly round-trips from SFO, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- TP 236 San Francisco (SFO) 4:10pm Departure → Lisbon (LIS) 11:25am (+1) Arrival
- TP 237 Lisbon (LIS) 10:00am Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 2:40pm Arrival
While awards haven’t been loaded yet, paid fares are already available to book, with economy priced at $797 round-trip through the end of the schedule.
Meanwhile, TAP’s new A330neo business class will run you a reasonable $3,101 round-trip.
TAP will be adding its A330-900neo to its existing long-haul routes as well — as of now, the aircraft’s US debut is scheduled for March 1, 2019, operating the airline’s existing flight to Miami (MIA).
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
- TAP Air Portugal Expands Its US Presence
- Flying Business Class on the World’s First Airbus A330neo
- Step Inside the First Airbus A330neo
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards