TAP Adding Flight From San Francisco to Lisbon in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently began taking delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neos — with 21 new wide-body jets expected within the next 18 months, the neo is poised to boost the airline’s fleet significantly.
We’ve already seen TAP announce new routes as a result — including new options from Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), just last week — and now we’ve learned that the airline’s planning to introduce a third new long-haul flight, between San Francisco (SFO) and Lisbon (LIS).
Beginning June 10, 2019, TAP will operate five weekly round-trips from SFO, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- TP 236 San Francisco (SFO) 4:10pm Departure → Lisbon (LIS) 11:25am (+1) Arrival
- TP 237 Lisbon (LIS) 10:00am Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 2:40pm Arrival
While awards haven’t been loaded yet, paid fares are already available to book, with economy priced at $797 round-trip through the end of the schedule.
Meanwhile, TAP’s new A330neo business class will run you a reasonable $3,101 round-trip.
TAP will be adding its A330-900neo to its existing long-haul routes as well — as of now, the aircraft’s US debut is scheduled for March 1, 2019, operating the airline’s existing flight to Miami (MIA).
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee