TAP Adding Flight From San Francisco to Lisbon in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently began taking delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neos — with 21 new wide-body jets expected within the next 18 months, the neo is poised to boost the airline’s fleet significantly.
We’ve already seen TAP announce new routes as a result — including new options from Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), just last week — and now we’ve learned that the airline’s planning to introduce a third new long-haul flight, between San Francisco (SFO) and Lisbon (LIS).
Beginning June 10, 2019, TAP will operate five weekly round-trips from SFO, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- TP 236 San Francisco (SFO) 4:10pm Departure → Lisbon (LIS) 11:25am (+1) Arrival
- TP 237 Lisbon (LIS) 10:00am Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 2:40pm Arrival
While awards haven’t been loaded yet, paid fares are already available to book, with economy priced at $797 round-trip through the end of the schedule.
Meanwhile, TAP’s new A330neo business class will run you a reasonable $3,101 round-trip.
TAP will be adding its A330-900neo to its existing long-haul routes as well — as of now, the aircraft’s US debut is scheduled for March 1, 2019, operating the airline’s existing flight to Miami (MIA).
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees