This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently became the world’s first airline to take delivery of the new Airbus A330neo, which will launch on the Lisbon (LIS) to Sao Paulo (GRU) route on Dec. 15. From there, the carrier has added the -900neo to four other Brazil destinations, including Belo Horizonte (CNF), Brasilia (BSB), Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and Salvador (SSA), with service launching to all four cities in 2019.
Now, we know when the airline will be bringing its new wide-body plane to the US — per @Airlineroute, TAP will begin flying the neo between Lisbon and Miami (MIA) on March 1, 2019.
Per ExpertFlyer, on that date, the aircraft configuration jumps from an older A330, with 2-2-2 angle-flat seating…
…to a brand-new neo, with a staggered 1-2-1 config.
Business travelers will notice the difference right away — the cabin is more spacious, with far more privacy throughout.
Economy seats maintain their 2-4-2 configuration, but feature more advanced inflight entertainment systems and an updated design.
As One Mile at a Time points out, TAP tends to offer excellent one-way business-class fares from Scandinavia, giving you an affordable option to check out this new aircraft. A one-way flight from Copenhagen (CPH) to Miami, with an overnight stop in Lisbon, will set you back just over 700 bucks.
Currently, TAP’s showing both the A330-900neo and a mix of older A330s and A340s assigned to the LIS-MIA route — while it’s possible the airline’s working to add the neo to all upcoming Miami flights beginning March 1, 2019, it’s just as likely that it’ll operate a mixed fleet for some time on that route.
TAP recently announced new service to Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), both launching in June 2019. These new flights, in addition to TAP’s existing routes to Newark (EWR) and New York (JFK), are expected to eventually shift to the A330-900neo as well.
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees