TAP Air Portugal Adds Airbus A330neo to First US Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Air Portugal recently became the world’s first airline to take delivery of the new Airbus A330neo, which will launch on the Lisbon (LIS) to Sao Paulo (GRU) route on Dec. 15. From there, the carrier has added the -900neo to four other Brazil destinations, including Belo Horizonte (CNF), Brasilia (BSB), Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and Salvador (SSA), with service launching to all four cities in 2019.
Now, we know when the airline will be bringing its new wide-body plane to the US — per @Airlineroute, TAP will begin flying the neo between Lisbon and Miami (MIA) on March 1, 2019.
Per ExpertFlyer, on that date, the aircraft configuration jumps from an older A330, with 2-2-2 angle-flat seating…
…to a brand-new neo, with a staggered 1-2-1 config.
Business travelers will notice the difference right away — the cabin is more spacious, with far more privacy throughout.
Economy seats maintain their 2-4-2 configuration, but feature more advanced inflight entertainment systems and an updated design.
As One Mile at a Time points out, TAP tends to offer excellent one-way business-class fares from Scandinavia, giving you an affordable option to check out this new aircraft. A one-way flight from Copenhagen (CPH) to Miami, with an overnight stop in Lisbon, will set you back just over 700 bucks.
Currently, TAP’s showing both the A330-900neo and a mix of older A330s and A340s assigned to the LIS-MIA route — while it’s possible the airline’s working to add the neo to all upcoming Miami flights beginning March 1, 2019, it’s just as likely that it’ll operate a mixed fleet for some time on that route.
TAP recently announced new service to Chicago (ORD) and Washington, DC (IAD), both launching in June 2019. These new flights, in addition to TAP’s existing routes to Newark (EWR) and New York (JFK), are expected to eventually shift to the A330-900neo as well.
For more on TAP and the A330neo, see:
- Flying Business Class on the World’s First Airbus A330neo
- Airbus Delivers World’s First A330neo to TAP Air Portugal
- TAP Air Portugal Expands Its US Presence
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees