Use Your SkyMiles for Exclusive Delta A220 Simulator Experience and Facility Tour
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Heads-up, AvGeeks: Delta’s latest experience auction is perhaps the best possible use of your SkyMiles balance. Well, outside of the rash of recent SkyMiles award sales, that is. Those looking to be the first to see Delta’s Airbus A220 in final assembly now have precisely that opportunity. A new SkyMiles Experience Auction, which runs from now until October 1, 2018 at 3:00pm ET, gives Delta loyalists a chance to bid on an exclusive preview of the Airbus A220.
The current bid for all four slots is already pushing 100,000 SkyMiles (roughly $1,200, per TPG’s valuation of the currency), and it’s sure to rise over the coming days. The winner of each package will receive the following:
- Two (2) Delta Air Lines complimentary travel certificates to use at the time of your choosing
- Each certificate is valid for one (1) round-trip main cabin flight within the continental United States (US48)/Canada
- A two (2) night stay at Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport checking in on Wednesday, October 17, 2018, and checking out Friday, October 19, 2018 in Québec, Canada
- Transportation for two (2) to and from the Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport and Airbus A220 facility in Mirabel, Québec (Canada)
- Access for two (2) to an exclusive Delta preview of the Airbus A220 aircraft on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at the Airbus A220 facility in Mirabel, Québec (Canada). This Airbus A220 facility visit also includes the following:
- Private tour and overview of the Airbus A220 Final Assembly Line
- Flight simulator experience
- Onsite complimentary catered lunch
As a reminder, Delta is the first US-based airline to take delivery of the A220 — the artist formerly known as the Bombardier C Series. The first one just left the paint shop, with passenger flights slated to begin in early 2019. Two roundtrip tickets to Canada are included to get you to/from the experience itself, and while we’d surmise that mild-mannered winners will be able to step foot on the aircraft, the terms and conditions make clear that it’ll be a game-time decision: “This experience does not guarantee guests will be able to step onboard the aircraft and is at the discretion of Airbus.”
If you’re looking to boost your SkyMiles balance, either for the auction or for your arrival flight, we’ve got you covered. Consider the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express which provides an additional 10,000 MQMs after reaching a certain level of spend. For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees