Use Your SkyMiles for Exclusive Delta A220 Simulator Experience and Facility Tour
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Heads-up, AvGeeks: Delta’s latest experience auction is perhaps the best possible use of your SkyMiles balance. Well, outside of the rash of recent SkyMiles award sales, that is. Those looking to be the first to see Delta’s Airbus A220 in final assembly now have precisely that opportunity. A new SkyMiles Experience Auction, which runs from now until October 1, 2018 at 3:00pm ET, gives Delta loyalists a chance to bid on an exclusive preview of the Airbus A220.
The current bid for all four slots is already pushing 100,000 SkyMiles (roughly $1,200, per TPG’s valuation of the currency), and it’s sure to rise over the coming days. The winner of each package will receive the following:
- Two (2) Delta Air Lines complimentary travel certificates to use at the time of your choosing
- Each certificate is valid for one (1) round-trip main cabin flight within the continental United States (US48)/Canada
- A two (2) night stay at Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport checking in on Wednesday, October 17, 2018, and checking out Friday, October 19, 2018 in Québec, Canada
- Transportation for two (2) to and from the Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport and Airbus A220 facility in Mirabel, Québec (Canada)
- Access for two (2) to an exclusive Delta preview of the Airbus A220 aircraft on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at the Airbus A220 facility in Mirabel, Québec (Canada). This Airbus A220 facility visit also includes the following:
- Private tour and overview of the Airbus A220 Final Assembly Line
- Flight simulator experience
- Onsite complimentary catered lunch
As a reminder, Delta is the first US-based airline to take delivery of the A220 — the artist formerly known as the Bombardier C Series. The first one just left the paint shop, with passenger flights slated to begin in early 2019. Two roundtrip tickets to Canada are included to get you to/from the experience itself, and while we’d surmise that mild-mannered winners will be able to step foot on the aircraft, the terms and conditions make clear that it’ll be a game-time decision: “This experience does not guarantee guests will be able to step onboard the aircraft and is at the discretion of Airbus.”
If you’re looking to boost your SkyMiles balance, either for the auction or for your arrival flight, we’ve got you covered. Consider the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express which provides an additional 10,000 MQMs after reaching a certain level of spend. For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.