Traveling fully vaccinated? Seychelles will waive your quarantine requirement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for another reason to celebrate your COVID-immunity? Seychelles announcing that fully vaccinated travelers would be permitted to bypass mandatory quarantine.
Interested in daily travel news, tips and updates? Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
“We hope that this [updated advisory] will open up the tourism industry for the locals, primarily for the small hotels who are struggling… And also provide the kick that our economy desperately needs,” Minister of Tourism Sylvestre Radegonde stated on the nation’s official website.
Effective immediately, visitors worldwide can provide the following documents in order to enter the Seychelles and bypass quarantine requirements:
— An authenticated certificate stating that the traveler received both doses of the four current approved vaccines: Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and Janssen. The traveler’s second vaccine must have been administered at least two weeks prior to arrival.
— A negative PCR test result taken less than 72 hours prior to travel
Travelers must continue to follow all other protocols including prior approval for health travel authorization; obeying all airline and airport guidelines during travel; and only booking accommodations from government-sanctioned properties.
- Where can you go right now? A country-by-country guide to reopening
- Travelers will soon need a negative COVID test to enter the US
- New CDC testing policy could have a ‘chilling’ effect on international travel
- Traveling soon? Here’s where you can get a PCR test
As with many other island nations, Seychelles has maintained relatively strict entrance requirements to limit the spread of the coronavirus. The country previously closed its borders to travelers from many countries that had high COVID-19 infection rates, including the United States and the United Kingdom.
However, Seychelles officials estimate that 70 percent of the local population will have received the novel coronavirus vaccine by mid-March, thus achieving herd immunity. Once this milestone is reached, incoming travelers will only be required to produce a negative PCR test upon arrival. Essential workers, including tourism workers, receive first priority for the vaccine.
As of Jan. 21, nearly 2,000 locals have received their first dose of the vaccine. The Seychelles immunization program debuted five days prior. Thus far, none have experienced major adverse reactions from the vaccine, according to local health officials.
The United Arab Emirates government donated 50,000 doses of China’s Sinopharm vaccine to the Seychelles, which will cover 25,000 individuals.
Featured photo by Buena Vista Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees