Traveling fully vaccinated? Seychelles will waive your quarantine requirement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for another reason to celebrate your COVID-immunity? Seychelles announcing that fully vaccinated travelers would be permitted to bypass mandatory quarantine.
Interested in daily travel news, tips and updates? Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
“We hope that this [updated advisory] will open up the tourism industry for the locals, primarily for the small hotels who are struggling… And also provide the kick that our economy desperately needs,” Minister of Tourism Sylvestre Radegonde stated on the nation’s official website.
Effective immediately, visitors worldwide can provide the following documents in order to enter the Seychelles and bypass quarantine requirements:
— An authenticated certificate stating that the traveler received both doses of the four current approved vaccines: Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and Janssen. The traveler’s second vaccine must have been administered at least two weeks prior to arrival.
— A negative PCR test result taken less than 72 hours prior to travel
Travelers must continue to follow all other protocols including prior approval for health travel authorization; obeying all airline and airport guidelines during travel; and only booking accommodations from government-sanctioned properties.
- Where can you go right now? A country-by-country guide to reopening
- Travelers will soon need a negative COVID test to enter the US
- New CDC testing policy could have a ‘chilling’ effect on international travel
- Traveling soon? Here’s where you can get a PCR test
As with many other island nations, Seychelles has maintained relatively strict entrance requirements to limit the spread of the coronavirus. The country previously closed its borders to travelers from many countries that had high COVID-19 infection rates, including the United States and the United Kingdom.
However, Seychelles officials estimate that 70 percent of the local population will have received the novel coronavirus vaccine by mid-March, thus achieving herd immunity. Once this milestone is reached, incoming travelers will only be required to produce a negative PCR test upon arrival. Essential workers, including tourism workers, receive first priority for the vaccine.
As of Jan. 21, nearly 2,000 locals have received their first dose of the vaccine. The Seychelles immunization program debuted five days prior. Thus far, none have experienced major adverse reactions from the vaccine, according to local health officials.
The United Arab Emirates government donated 50,000 doses of China’s Sinopharm vaccine to the Seychelles, which will cover 25,000 individuals.
Featured photo by Buena Vista Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.