Seychelles reopening on August 1 — but Americans won’t be allowed in
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect that commercial flights to the Seychelles will be resuming on August 1, 2020.
The Seychelles are thought of as a luxury destination by most, as evidenced by the country’s initial reopening plan which only allowed visitors traveling on private and chartered flights. Beginning August 1, the Seychelles will open to even more tourists as it resumes commercial flights, but many (including Americans) still won’t be welcome.
Related coverage: Country-by-country guide to reopening
Visitors from 17 approved low-risk countries (including China, Japan and New Zealand) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel. If a PCR test is not available, they will need to submit to a rapid antigen test. Visitors from medium-risk countries are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel.
In addition, visitors must submit their negative test as well as their flight itinerary and accommodations to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arrival, or they may be subject to additional COVID testing upon arrival. Guests can only book stays at licensed establishments or liveaboards, and are required to have valid travel insurance with full medical coverage for the duration of their stay.
Related Coverage: State-by-state guide to coronavirus reopening
Visitors from high-risk countries (which are all countries excluding the 37 designated as low and medium-risk) will not be permitted to enter the Seychelles at this time.
Where to stay
If you’re traveling from one of the approved low and medium-risk countries, check out some of TPG’s past coverage for advice on where to stay:
- How to use hotel points to visit the Seychelles
- Entering Eden: A review of the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Why your family should visit the Seychelles
- Fit for royalty: One of the world’s most exclusive private island resorts just joined Marriott
Featured photo by Buena Vista Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees