Accor to open a pair of luxury hotels in Qatar in time for the 2022 World Cup
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
European hotel giant Accor shared this week that it will open a dual-branded Fairmont and Raffles hotel in the Persian Gulf nation of Qatar. It’s a partnership with Katara Hospitality, a hotel development and ownership group based in Qatar.
Scheduled to open next year in time for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, of which Qatar is the host country, the Fairmont and Raffles Lusail Hotel and Residences will be the first outpost of each brand in the Middle Eastern nation.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The dual-branded luxury property will be housed in a pair of yet-to-be-completed towers in the city of Lusail, one of the venues for the World Cup festivities.
The architecture of the building itself is certainly noteworthy, with two dramatically arching towers rising from a single base and adorned with decorative spires at the top of each tower. According to a press release from Accor, the towers “are an architectural translation of Qatar’s national seal, representing the traditional scimitar swords.”
The five-star Fairmont hotel will have 361 rooms and suites, while the six-star (per Accor’s press release) Raffles will have 132 suites as well as 49 branded ownership units for full-time residents.
When it opens, this luxurious combo hotel will also feature “state-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities,” boutique shopping, movie theaters, restaurants, a cigar lounge and spaces for office work and group events.
The soon-to-open Fairmont and Raffles hotels will join the six Accor properties across brands, including Movenpick, Mondrian and MGallery that are already open in Qatar.
Featured rendering courtesy of Accor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees