Accor to open a pair of luxury hotels in Qatar in time for the 2022 World Cup
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
European hotel giant Accor shared this week that it will open a dual-branded Fairmont and Raffles hotel in the Persian Gulf nation of Qatar. It’s a partnership with Katara Hospitality, a hotel development and ownership group based in Qatar.
Scheduled to open next year in time for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, of which Qatar is the host country, the Fairmont and Raffles Lusail Hotel and Residences will be the first outpost of each brand in the Middle Eastern nation.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The dual-branded luxury property will be housed in a pair of yet-to-be-completed towers in the city of Lusail, one of the venues for the World Cup festivities.
The architecture of the building itself is certainly noteworthy, with two dramatically arching towers rising from a single base and adorned with decorative spires at the top of each tower. According to a press release from Accor, the towers “are an architectural translation of Qatar’s national seal, representing the traditional scimitar swords.”
The five-star Fairmont hotel will have 361 rooms and suites, while the six-star (per Accor’s press release) Raffles will have 132 suites as well as 49 branded ownership units for full-time residents.
When it opens, this luxurious combo hotel will also feature “state-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities,” boutique shopping, movie theaters, restaurants, a cigar lounge and spaces for office work and group events.
The soon-to-open Fairmont and Raffles hotels will join the six Accor properties across brands, including Movenpick, Mondrian and MGallery that are already open in Qatar.
Featured rendering courtesy of Accor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.