World of Hyatt brings back lucrative buy one, get one promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the last year and a half, we’ve seen some best-ever promotions from World of Hyatt to help spur travel. In addition to offering opportunities for earning extra bonus points, the program has made it easier than ever to earn Hyatt elite status. But it’s not done yet.
World of Hyatt has just launched two new promotions — one that is a buy-one, get-one deal on Miraval award nights booked through Hyatt and another that lets you earn triple points when dining at participating Hyatt restaurants. If these offers sound familiar, it’s probably because Hyatt offered very similar promotions in summer 2020.
Here are all the details you need to know about these promotions.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Buy one, get one at Miraval
Miraval is one of the lesser-known brands in World of Hyatt’s portfolio. It’s a trio of wellness resorts and spas with locations in Tucson, Arizona; Austin, Texas; and the Berkshires in Massachusetts. In addition to being adults-only, what makes these oases stand out is that stays include most food and beverages plus activities like yoga, workout and meditation classes, hiking, and more. In other words, you don’t just go here for a place to sleep; you go here for the experience.
As you’d expect, stays at these properties can be pricey.
If you use Hyatt points, it normally costs 45,000 points per night for single-occupancy or 65,000 points per night for double occupancy in a standard room. Meanwhile, starting rates for paid stays can creep toward $1,000 for double occupancy during normal times.
However, for stays between Nov. 1, 2021 and Jan. 31, 2022, Miraval award nights are buy one, get one free. So, if you’re booking two nights, the nightly rate drops to 22,500 points per night for single-occupancy or 32,500 for two people staying in the same room.
However, there are a couple of major exclusions to note. First, the offer is not valid on Fridays and Saturdays, so a weekend getaway isn’t an option. In addition, it’s not available from Dec. 24 to Dec. 31, 2021.
It’s worth mentioning that when you book Miraval stays on points, you not only benefit from the all-inclusive rate, but you’ll also get a $175 resort credit per person, per night to put toward spa treatments, alcoholic beverages and additional activities that come with a fee.
Also, note that Miraval awards are not available online, so you must call 866.792.3395 and book your stay over the phone. While there’s no registration necessary for the offer, you must use the code “Member Free Night” to get the buy one, get one deal.
Earn triple points when dining out
The second promotion is geared towards those that aren’t traveling right now but miss the experience of dining at a hotel restaurant. It offers 3x points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants (when not staying the night).
There’s no registration required for this offer, and members can earn points on eligible purchases through Feb. 10, 2022. Simply provide your World of Hyatt number and pay with a credit card that offers bonus points on dining.
While the terms and conditions note that the maximum number of points per transaction is limited to 100,000, this is basically a moot point — since most people don’t spend $33,334 on a single restaurant bill.
You can learn more about which Hyatt restaurants are participating in this promotion by visiting Hyatt.com/dinelocal.
Being able to essentially save 50% on Miraval award stays is terrific — as long as you can work with the weekdays-only restriction. And while the offer to earn points on local dining might seem less exciting, it’s an easy way for those currently not traveling to keep their points from expiring. After all, World of Hyatt points will start expiring again on Dec. 31, 2021 for accounts that have been inactive for 24 months.
Featured photo of the Miraval Austin courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees