Tip: Access Eurostar Business Premier Lounges With Amex Platinum Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express Platinum and Centurion cardholders have access to a plethora of airport lounges around the world, including Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass lounges and Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta). However, airport lounges aren’t the only places that Platinum and Centurion cardholders can sneak away to while in transit.
Access to Eurostar Business Premier Lounges located at four major train terminals in Europe is a benefit of the European version of the Amex Platinum card, but multiple reports from TPG readers and others indicate that Platinum cards from other countries, including The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express can also sometimes (though not always) get you in.
It’s a case of “your mileage may vary,” but presenting one of the above eligible Amex cards and a same-day ticket in any class can grant you or any authorized users (no guests, unfortunately) access to Eurostar Business Premier Lounges at London St. Pancras International Station, Ebbsfleet International, Paris Gare du Nord and Brussels Midi/Zuid.
Don’t let the idea of a lounge inside of a train station fool you — this is no Amtrak lounge. TPG himself has visited the Paris Eurostar Lounge and found it to be a terrific spot to get away from the hustle and bustle of Gare du Nord.
Eurostar Business Premier Lounges are typically spacious and high on style. Despite being train station lounges, the complimentary food and beverage selections far outshine those of many Priority Pass lounges. Think brie and manned bars, not cheese cubes and boxed wine (ok, this one might be a bit of an exaggeration). Traveling by train in Europe is also a much different experience than traveling by train in the US, with modern cars and high speeds that will get you from Paris to London in just two and a half hours.
Frequent travelers will find value in many ways with Amex’s premium credit cards, not only through their points-earning potential, but also preferred lounge access and many other travel benefits. As a reminder, besides Eurostar lounges, Platinum and Centurion cardmembers now have access to select Lufthansa lounges as well.
This story has been updated to clarify that while this is a confirmed benefit of European Amex Platinum cards, cardmembers with Amex Platinum cards from other countries — including the US — have also had success getting into Eurostar lounges, though at times they have also been turned away.
Aside from the up to 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases made on your Business Platinum Card® within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when flight is booked on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees