Delta Adds Another A350 With Delta One Suites to Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is phasing in yet another of its highly rated Airbus A350s on a European route through its headquarters in Atlanta. According to Routes Online, Delta will slot in an A350-900XWB on one of its three daily flights between Atlanta (ATL) and Amsterdam (AMS) beginning on Sept. 1, 2019.
Since launching its business-class Delta One Suites in November 2017, Delta has been busy adding new Airbus A350 routes featuring what is likely the best business-class cabin on a US airline. You can read our most recent review of Delta One Suites aboard the A350 here. More recently, Delta began retrofitting its newest business-class hard product on its 18 Boeing 777s. TPG was onboard to review the 777 version of the Delta One Suites.
Delta is also retrofitting its fleet of Boeing 767-400ERs to feature Delta One Suites, and we’ll be aboard the inaugural Airbus A330-900neo flight in July when it begins servicing Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai (PVG) with all four of Delta’s branded seating options. Those are Delta One Suites, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin (economy).
With an increasing number of Delta One Suites aircraft in the skies, there have been many new route announcements and updates. So we’ve compiled a full list of the routes — including the newest, ATL-AMS.
A350 routes and flight dates:
- Detroit (DTW)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — since October 30, 2017
- Detroit (DTW)-Seoul (ICN) — since November 18, 2017
- Detroit (DTW)-Beijing (PEK) — since January 17, 2018
- Detroit (DTW)-Amsterdam (AMS) — since March 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Seoul (ICN) — since March 24, 2018
- Detroit (DTW)-Shanghai (PVG) — since April 19, 2018
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Shanghai (PVG) — since July 2, 2018
- Seattle (SEA)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — starting March 1, 2019
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Tokyo Haneda (HND) — starting March 31, 2019
- Atlanta (ATL)-Amsterdam (AMS) — starting Sept. 1, 2019
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Shanghai (PVG) — starting June 2020 (proposed)
777 routes and flight dates:
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Tokyo Haneda (HND) — since November 16, 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Paris (CDG) — since December 13, 2018
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Paris (CDG) — since December 13, 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — since March 1, 2019
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Seoul (ICN) — starting April 1, 2019
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Sydney (SYD) — starting April 19, 2019
A330-900neo routes and flight dates:
- Seattle (SEA)-Shanghai (PVG) — starting July 1, 2019
- Seattle (SEA)-Seoul-Incheon (ICN) — starting Aug. 1, 2019
- Seattle (SEA)-Tokyo-Narita (NRT) — starting Aug. 31, 2019
Delta’s inaugural ATL-AMS flight on the A350 is on sale now, with cash prices ranging from $3,189 (economy) to $8,559 (Delta One Suites).
On the SkyMiles award front, it appears that now would be the time to book a trip in Premium Select, given that it’s pricing out lower than Main Cabin. I suspect that both cash and mileage rates will be tweaked once the new route has a chance to fully settle into the system.
Check out our insider video for selecting the best seat on Delta’s A350:
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel