Delta Adds Another A350 With Delta One Suites to Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is phasing in yet another of its highly rated Airbus A350s on a European route through its headquarters in Atlanta. According to Routes Online, Delta will slot in an A350-900XWB on one of its three daily flights between Atlanta (ATL) and Amsterdam (AMS) beginning on Sept. 1, 2019.
Since launching its business-class Delta One Suites in November 2017, Delta has been busy adding new Airbus A350 routes featuring what is likely the best business-class cabin on a US airline. You can read our most recent review of Delta One Suites aboard the A350 here. More recently, Delta began retrofitting its newest business-class hard product on its 18 Boeing 777s. TPG was onboard to review the 777 version of the Delta One Suites.
Delta is also retrofitting its fleet of Boeing 767-400ERs to feature Delta One Suites, and we’ll be aboard the inaugural Airbus A330-900neo flight in July when it begins servicing Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai (PVG) with all four of Delta’s branded seating options. Those are Delta One Suites, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin (economy).
With an increasing number of Delta One Suites aircraft in the skies, there have been many new route announcements and updates. So we’ve compiled a full list of the routes — including the newest, ATL-AMS.
A350 routes and flight dates:
- Detroit (DTW)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — since October 30, 2017
- Detroit (DTW)-Seoul (ICN) — since November 18, 2017
- Detroit (DTW)-Beijing (PEK) — since January 17, 2018
- Detroit (DTW)-Amsterdam (AMS) — since March 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Seoul (ICN) — since March 24, 2018
- Detroit (DTW)-Shanghai (PVG) — since April 19, 2018
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Shanghai (PVG) — since July 2, 2018
- Seattle (SEA)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — starting March 1, 2019
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Tokyo Haneda (HND) — starting March 31, 2019
- Atlanta (ATL)-Amsterdam (AMS) — starting Sept. 1, 2019
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Shanghai (PVG) — starting June 2020 (proposed)
777 routes and flight dates:
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Tokyo Haneda (HND) — since November 16, 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Paris (CDG) — since December 13, 2018
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Paris (CDG) — since December 13, 2018
- Atlanta (ATL)-Tokyo Narita (NRT) — since March 1, 2019
- Minneapolis (MSP)-Seoul (ICN) — starting April 1, 2019
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Sydney (SYD) — starting April 19, 2019
A330-900neo routes and flight dates:
- Seattle (SEA)-Shanghai (PVG) — starting July 1, 2019
- Seattle (SEA)-Seoul-Incheon (ICN) — starting Aug. 1, 2019
- Seattle (SEA)-Tokyo-Narita (NRT) — starting Aug. 31, 2019
Delta’s inaugural ATL-AMS flight on the A350 is on sale now, with cash prices ranging from $3,189 (economy) to $8,559 (Delta One Suites).
On the SkyMiles award front, it appears that now would be the time to book a trip in Premium Select, given that it’s pricing out lower than Main Cabin. I suspect that both cash and mileage rates will be tweaked once the new route has a chance to fully settle into the system.
Check out our insider video for selecting the best seat on Delta’s A350:
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees