Delta’s First A330-900neo Routes Announced to Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s second major plane launch of 2019 is upon us: Beginning July 1, you’ll be able to fly the airline’s A330-900neo between Seattle and Asia. The news comes just weeks after Delta began operating Airbus’ A220 on medium-haul, business-heavy routes, which we reviewed in both first class and Comfort+.
- Seattle — Shanghai (effective July 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Seoul-Incheon (effective Aug. 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Tokyo-Narita (effective Aug. 31, 2019)
- 29 Delta One Suites (which we’ve reviewed on both the A350 and refurbished 777), all with direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration
- 29 Delta Premium Select seats (which is Delta’s version of premium economy) in a 2-3-2 configuration
- 56 Comfort+ seats in a 2-4-2 layout
- 168 Main Cabin seats, mercifully arranged in a 2-4-2 layout to give couples a chance to sit together without a third person in their row
This compares with 32 Delta One Suites, 48 Delta Premium Select seats and 226 Main Cabin economy seats on Delta’s A350.
The jet will be the first Delta aircraft to feature memory foam cushions throughout the aircraft, and the first Delta wide-body aircraft featuring its new wireless inflight entertainment system in every seat. Gogo’s 2Ku satellite-based WiFi will also be installed to keep passengers connected for their jaunt over the ocean.
Investors are bound to love the A330-900neo as well, as Delta cites “increased fuel efficiency per seat of more than 20 percent when compared with previous generation aircraft.” That’s better for Mother Earth, and it also means that Delta should see higher profit per filled seat given that it’s paying less in fuel to move each of those passengers.
You’ll be able to purchase tickets using both SkyMiles and cash on the first A330-900neo routes beginning March 2, 2019.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.