Delta’s First A330-900neo Routes Announced to Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s second major plane launch of 2019 is upon us: Beginning July 1, you’ll be able to fly the airline’s A330-900neo between Seattle and Asia. The news comes just weeks after Delta began operating Airbus’ A220 on medium-haul, business-heavy routes, which we reviewed in both first class and Comfort+.
- Seattle — Shanghai (effective July 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Seoul-Incheon (effective Aug. 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Tokyo-Narita (effective Aug. 31, 2019)
- 29 Delta One Suites (which we’ve reviewed on both the A350 and refurbished 777), all with direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration
- 29 Delta Premium Select seats (which is Delta’s version of premium economy) in a 2-3-2 configuration
- 56 Comfort+ seats in a 2-4-2 layout
- 168 Main Cabin seats, mercifully arranged in a 2-4-2 layout to give couples a chance to sit together without a third person in their row
This compares with 32 Delta One Suites, 48 Delta Premium Select seats and 226 Main Cabin economy seats on Delta’s A350.
The jet will be the first Delta aircraft to feature memory foam cushions throughout the aircraft, and the first Delta wide-body aircraft featuring its new wireless inflight entertainment system in every seat. Gogo’s 2Ku satellite-based WiFi will also be installed to keep passengers connected for their jaunt over the ocean.
Investors are bound to love the A330-900neo as well, as Delta cites “increased fuel efficiency per seat of more than 20 percent when compared with previous generation aircraft.” That’s better for Mother Earth, and it also means that Delta should see higher profit per filled seat given that it’s paying less in fuel to move each of those passengers.
You’ll be able to purchase tickets using both SkyMiles and cash on the first A330-900neo routes beginning March 2, 2019.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees