This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s second major plane launch of 2019 is upon us: Beginning July 1, you’ll be able to fly the airline’s A330-900neo between Seattle and Asia. The news comes just weeks after Delta began operating Airbus’ A220 on medium-haul, business-heavy routes, which we reviewed in both first class and Comfort+.
- Seattle — Shanghai (effective July 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Seoul-Incheon (effective Aug. 1, 2019)
- Seattle — Tokyo-Narita (effective Aug. 31, 2019)
- 29 Delta One Suites (which we’ve reviewed on both the A350 and refurbished 777), all with direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration
- 29 Delta Premium Select seats (which is Delta’s version of premium economy) in a 2-3-2 configuration
- 56 Comfort+ seats in a 2-4-2 layout
- 168 Main Cabin seats, mercifully arranged in a 2-4-2 layout to give couples a chance to sit together without a third person in their row
This compares with 32 Delta One Suites, 48 Delta Premium Select seats and 226 Main Cabin economy seats on Delta’s A350.
The jet will be the first Delta aircraft to feature memory foam cushions throughout the aircraft, and the first Delta wide-body aircraft featuring its new wireless inflight entertainment system in every seat. Gogo’s 2Ku satellite-based WiFi will also be installed to keep passengers connected for their jaunt over the ocean.
Investors are bound to love the A330-900neo as well, as Delta cites “increased fuel efficiency per seat of more than 20 percent when compared with previous generation aircraft.” That’s better for Mother Earth, and it also means that Delta should see higher profit per filled seat given that it’s paying less in fuel to move each of those passengers.
You’ll be able to purchase tickets using both SkyMiles and cash on the first A330-900neo routes beginning March 2, 2019.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees