This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Jets grow up fast, don’t they? Just two months after being spotted in Toulouse, France, with minimal clothing, Delta’s first Airbus A330-900neo is now ready for its glamor shots. Or, at the very least, engine installation. The carrier’s first A330-900neo just rolled out of the paint shop, a few months after its first A220 did likewise.
For those just hearing of the bird, it’ll be one of few Delta aircraft to feature all cabins — Delta One Suites, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin. The jet also will be the first Delta aircraft to feature memory foam cushions throughout the aircraft, and the first Delta wide-body aircraft featuring its new wireless inflight entertainment system in every seat.
While Delta has yet to confirm, the latest rumblings have this particular plane being delivered to the airline in April, with passenger flights surely to follow in short order. It’s likely that the A330-900neo will replace aging Boeing 767-300ER aircraft on international flights, though we’ll be keeping an eye out for occasional domestic hops as well. No routes have been announced just yet, but based on the sheen we’re seeing we’d expect to hear more on that front real soon.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards