First look: Delta sending out 360° gift kits to top-tier elites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As travel begins to pick back up, Delta Air Lines is making sure to keep its top-tier elites engaged.
The airline is sending out its annual gift packs to Delta 360° members — a semi-secretive tier above Diamond Medallion.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Delta describes 360° as “an annual, invitation-only program for our top SkyMiles Members, offering an exclusive suite of benefits and services even beyond Diamond Medallion Status. An invitation into Delta 360° is based on your overall investment with Delta. If you’re selected to join, we’ll contact you directly.”
This year’s kit seems focused on getting back in the skies, with a few goodies to bring on your next trip.
The centerpiece is a pair of Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses. While we couldn’t tell exactly which model Delta is sending, Ray-Ban’s lowest-end aviator frames typically start at $154.
There’s also a Gravity brand weighted sleep mask with the Delta 360° logo embroidered on it.
Also in the kit: A set of Delta coasters, a 360° fridge magnet, and a key chain.
It is not clear what the spend or travel threshold is to be invited to 360°. Diamond Medallion — the top published tier — requires either 125,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or 140 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) flown, plus either $15,000 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) or $250,000 spent in a calendar year on a Delta co-branded credit card.
In the past, users at FlyerTalk have reported not being invited despite $90,000 in spend. One poster explained that Delta looks at more than just spend — it focuses on travelers who may have influence over their workplace travel policies.
Perks of 360° include the annual gift, a Sky Club Executive Membership, access to a dedicated phone line, a chance of a Porsche transfer between gates during tight connections, higher upgrade priority, and more.
Featured photo by Scott Mayerowitz / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees