CLEAR and Lyft Partner to Offer Ride Credits and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
CLEAR, the biometric security company that provides quick security screening to travelers throughout US airports and sports venues has announced its partnering with ride-hailing company Lyft to offer discounts to new members.
Starting today, Lyft riders can receive a three-month free trial of CLEAR, and new members who enroll through the offer will receive $20 in Lyft credits and $50 in credit towards LoungeBuddy bucks, a program that can be used to cover the cost of entrances to a variety of airport lounges.
CLEAR appears to be becoming more and more useful, especially considering each year the TSA continually sets records for the busiest travel days ever. The program is in 25 airports and brings you to the front of the security line, even bumping you in front of TSA PreCheck travelers. Heck, even PreCheck lines have been incredibly hellish this summer.
Although the service isn’t in every airport and every terminal, it’s quickly expanding and is available in the following airports: Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW and DAL), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (LGA, JFK and HPN), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA) and Washington, DC (IAD and DCA).
Lyft users can enroll here for the free trial, Lyft and LoungeBuddy credit. You can also enroll through TPG at a discounted rate of $149 for 12 months using code TPG149 or get a two-month free trial of CLEAR using code TPG2M although you won’t be eligible for the Lyft and Loungebuddy credit.
Delta Diamond Medallion members receive a free CLEAR membership while Delta Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express (or the card’s business versions) holders are eligible for a discounted membership at $79 annually. Those who are without Delta status but are members of the airline’s loyalty program can purchase an annual membership for $99. In March, the airline rolled out biometric access to Delta Sky Clubs via CLEAR.
Featured image courtesy of CLEAR.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.