CLEAR and Lyft Partner to Offer Ride Credits and More
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
CLEAR, the biometric security company that provides quick security screening to travelers throughout US airports and sports venues has announced its partnering with ride-hailing company Lyft to offer discounts to new members.
Starting today, Lyft riders can receive a three-month free trial of CLEAR, and new members who enroll through the offer will receive $20 in Lyft credits and $50 in credit towards LoungeBuddy bucks, a program that can be used to cover the cost of entrances to a variety of airport lounges.
CLEAR appears to be becoming more and more useful, especially considering each year the TSA continually sets records for the busiest travel days ever. The program is in 25 airports and brings you to the front of the security line, even bumping you in front of TSA PreCheck travelers. Heck, even PreCheck lines have been incredibly hellish this summer.
Although the service isn’t in every airport and every terminal, it’s quickly expanding and is available in the following airports: Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW and DAL), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (LGA, JFK and HPN), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA) and Washington, DC (IAD and DCA).
Lyft users can enroll here for the free trial, Lyft and LoungeBuddy credit. You can also enroll through TPG at a discounted rate of $149 for 12 months using code TPG149 or get a two-month free trial of CLEAR using code TPG2M although you won’t be eligible for the Lyft and Loungebuddy credit.
Delta Diamond Medallion members receive a free CLEAR membership while Delta Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express (or the card’s business versions) holders are eligible for a discounted membership at $79 annually. Those who are without Delta status but are members of the airline’s loyalty program can purchase an annual membership for $99. In March, the airline rolled out biometric access to Delta Sky Clubs via CLEAR.
Featured image courtesy of CLEAR.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees