This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR’s expedited security program just got a bit more valuable for travelers with a Delta Sky Club membership. As of this week, members of both programs will be able to access Delta’s 50 US lounges with the tap of a finger.
Existing CLEAR members with a Sky Club membership can scan in right away, while those without CLEAR can enroll in Delta Biometrics for free at 14 lounge locations around the US.
While Diamond Medallions get a full CLEAR membership free of charge, expedited security program comes along with a $99 annual fee for general members, or $79 for other elites and customers with a co-branded credit card, such as the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card.
Eligible customers will be able to enter a Sky Club by scanning two fingers at the check-in counter, where an agent will confirm access without the need to display a paper or electronic boarding pass. A Delta spokesperson suggested that the scanning process can take up to four seconds, and while that’s a hair longer than a boarding pass scan, customers who already have a boarding pass handy can continue to use that method if they prefer.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees