This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR’s expedited security program just got a bit more valuable for travelers with a Delta Sky Club membership. As of this week, members of both programs will be able to access Delta’s 50 US lounges with the tap of a finger.
Existing CLEAR members with a Sky Club membership can scan in right away, while those without CLEAR can enroll in Delta Biometrics for free at 14 lounge locations around the US.
While Diamond Medallions get a full CLEAR membership free of charge, expedited security program comes along with a $99 annual fee for general members, or $79 for other elites and customers with a co-branded credit card, such as the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card.
Eligible customers will be able to enter a Sky Club by scanning two fingers at the check-in counter, where an agent will confirm access without the need to display a paper or electronic boarding pass. A Delta spokesperson suggested that the scanning process can take up to four seconds, and while that’s a hair longer than a boarding pass scan, customers who already have a boarding pass handy can continue to use that method if they prefer.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards