CLEAR Lanes Are Now Open at JFK and LGA — Three More Locations Coming Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2/22/17: CLEAR is now available at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), with service in the north and south checkpoints in Terminal 1.
Update 2/1/17: CLEAR is now available at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) as well, with service at two Terminal South checkpoints.
Update 1/25/17 9:41am: CLEAR is currently available in Terminal D at LGA, with Terminals C and A available in the coming weeks. At JFK, CLEAR is available in Terminal 2, with another expansion in the coming weeks. The terminal at LAX has not yet been announced, and at both MSP and ATL, CLEAR will be available in the southern terminal.
For frequent travelers, one of their top priorities is getting through security quickly. Most everyone knows about TSA PreCheck to bypass the regular security line, but there’s one other way to get you through even quicker — CLEAR.
And today, we have some exciting news that the service is expanding to include 22 airports in total. As we told you about last year, CLEAR was set to launch at New York (LGA and JFK), Los Angeles (LAX) and Atlanta (ATL) — and as of today, the CLEAR lanes are open at LGA, and JFK opened late last month. The ATL location is expected to launch later this month, and LAX and Minneapolis (MSP) are expected to open in the first quarter of 2017.
As a reminder, CLEAR allows you to go directly to the front of the TSA PreCheck lane (if you’re not enrolled in PreCheck, you’ll go to the front of the normal TSA screening line) at several airports across the country. Once you’re a member, you can go to the CLEAR system, located near the security checkpoint, and verify your identity via your fingerprint or blink of an eye. Once you’re verified, you’ll head to the front of the line.
Currently, CLEAR is available in Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA), Washington, D.C. (DCA and IAD), Westchester County Airport (HPN) and select sporting events — in addition to the new locations at LGA and JFK. With ATL, LAX and MSP coming soon, CLEAR will offer its services at 22 airports across the country.
The standard CLEAR membership costs $179 per year, and you can add a family member for $50 — children under 18 can use it with a CLEAR member for free. However, there are a number of ways you can get a discounted or free membership. Delta Diamond Medallion members get CLEAR for free, and Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions get a membership for $79 per year — a $100 discount. If you’re a Founderscard member, you’ll get a six-month trial for free, and then a $140 renewal rate for the year once your trial is over. Or, you could sign up and get a special rate from TPG — $149 for 12 months. Additionally, CLEAR is offering one month free when you sign up at the airport — and you should be able to use the service right away.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.