CLEAR Will Soon Expand to Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR is a biometric-based membership service that allows travelers to go directly to the front of the TSA PreCheck line (if you’re not enrolled in PreCheck, you’ll go to the front of the normal TSA screening line) at several airports across the country that participate in the program. This week, CLEAR has indicated that it will expand its service to four more major airports that were conspicuous holes in the network — Atlanta (ATL), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK and LGA). No specific timeline was given regarding this expansion, other than that you can expect the service to roll out ‘in the coming weeks.’
Currently, CLEAR airports include Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA), Washington, D.C. (DCA and IAD) and Westchester County Airport (HPN) — in addition to select sporting venues.
Membership to CLEAR normally costs $179 per year, but there are a number of ways to score a discount to your membership. Delta Diamond Medallion members get it for free, and Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions can get their memberships for just $79 per year. Just for being a member of the Delta SkyMiles program, you can get CLEAR for $99 annually. If you’re a Founderscard member, you’ll get a 6-month membership for free, and then you’ll receive a discounted membership of $140 after your trial is over.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees