This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR is a biometric-based membership service that allows travelers to go directly to the front of the TSA PreCheck line (if you’re not enrolled in PreCheck, you’ll go to the front of the normal TSA screening line) at several airports across the country that participate in the program. This week, CLEAR has indicated that it will expand its service to four more major airports that were conspicuous holes in the network — Atlanta (ATL), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK and LGA). No specific timeline was given regarding this expansion, other than that you can expect the service to roll out ‘in the coming weeks.’
Currently, CLEAR airports include Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA), Washington, D.C. (DCA and IAD) and Westchester County Airport (HPN) — in addition to select sporting venues.
Membership to CLEAR normally costs $179 per year, but there are a number of ways to score a discount to your membership. Delta Diamond Medallion members get it for free, and Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallions can get their memberships for just $79 per year. Just for being a member of the Delta SkyMiles program, you can get CLEAR for $99 annually. If you’re a Founderscard member, you’ll get a 6-month membership for free, and then you’ll receive a discounted membership of $140 after your trial is over.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.