Earn Delta SkyMiles on Your Next Lyft Ride
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and Lyft have announced a new partnership that allows Lyft riders to score Delta Skymiles on their next ride. Once you link your SkyMiles account to your Lyft account by signing up here, you’ll start earning one mile for every dollar spent on Lyft rides (excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tips).
As an introductory promo, the companies are also offering three miles per dollar on all trips to airports. There isn’t a limit on how many miles you can earn through Lyft, and all types of rides are eligible including Lyft Line, Classic, Plus and Premier. Plus if you use a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to pay for your trip, you can earn 3x or 2x points, respectively, on top of the SkyMiles.
This isn’t the first time an airline has teamed up with Lyft. Back in November JetBlue established a similar relationship with the ride-sharing company, where riders can earn TrueBlue points for each trip.
Delta has a history of partnering with startup transportation companies. You can earn SkyMiles when staying at an Airbnb, for example, and last month the company began offering helicopter transfers through BLADE between JFK and Manhattan.
According to TPG’s monthly points and miles valuations, Delta SkyMiles aren’t the most valuable points currency out there, with each point worth just 1.2 cents. Additionally, Delta has massively devalued its awards program over the past few years and earned a reputation for making it difficult to redeem SkyMiles at reasonable rates. Still, if you use Lyft, it could be worth signing up for this promo.
Featured Image courtesy of Lyft.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee