Earn Delta SkyMiles on Your Next Lyft Ride
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta and Lyft have announced a new partnership that allows Lyft riders to score Delta Skymiles on their next ride. Once you link your SkyMiles account to your Lyft account by signing up here, you’ll start earning one mile for every dollar spent on Lyft rides (excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tips).
As an introductory promo, the companies are also offering three miles per dollar on all trips to airports. There isn’t a limit on how many miles you can earn through Lyft, and all types of rides are eligible including Lyft Line, Classic, Plus and Premier. Plus if you use a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to pay for your trip, you can earn 3x or 2x points, respectively, on top of the SkyMiles.
This isn’t the first time an airline has teamed up with Lyft. Back in November JetBlue established a similar relationship with the ride-sharing company, where riders can earn TrueBlue points for each trip.
Delta has a history of partnering with startup transportation companies. You can earn SkyMiles when staying at an Airbnb, for example, and last month the company began offering helicopter transfers through BLADE between JFK and Manhattan.
According to TPG’s monthly points and miles valuations, Delta SkyMiles aren’t the most valuable points currency out there, with each point worth just 1.2 cents. Additionally, Delta has massively devalued its awards program over the past few years and earned a reputation for making it difficult to redeem SkyMiles at reasonable rates. Still, if you use Lyft, it could be worth signing up for this promo.
Featured Image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.