Delta Partners With BLADE for Helicopter Transfers at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new service will be available to Delta customers flying into and out of JFK. If you are flying from Manhattan, you’ll arrive at one of BLADE’s three lounges and then take your 5-minute helicopter flight to JFK. After landing a member of Delta’s Elite Services team will collect your baggage and accompany you to ground transportation that will take you to your departure terminal. You’ll be “expedited” through security, although it’s unclear what that actually entails. And when boarding begins, you’ll be escorted to your seat on the Delta aircraft.
For those flying into JFK, a Delta Elite Service member will meet you on the jet bridge for a domestic flight or after you clear customs on an international flight. After your baggage has been collected you’ll be driven to a helicopter that’s waiting to take off.
BLADE has already been offering transfers between New York’s three main airports (and smaller NYC airports) and Manhattan but this is the first time a full-service airline has partnered with the company. This isn’t the only expansion that BLADE has recently announced, in February the company started service in Los Angeles.
Flights are bookable through the BLADE app — when reserving a helicopter you’ll see an option to add either a “Helicopter-to-Gate Special Escort” or “Gate-to-Helicopter Special Escort.” Prices start at $250 (on top of the regular BLADE fare) and it appears that the price is per reservation, not per traveler, so you could potentially split the cost of a Delta escort with other passengers.
If you’re interested in trying out BLADE for yourself, click here and enter referral code THEPOINTSGUY (case sensitive). You’ll earn $100 in credit (which is applied in $50 increments) to use towards BLADE flights.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.