Delta Partners With BLADE for Helicopter Transfers at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new service will be available to Delta customers flying into and out of JFK. If you are flying from Manhattan, you’ll arrive at one of BLADE’s three lounges and then take your 5-minute helicopter flight to JFK. After landing a member of Delta’s Elite Services team will collect your baggage and accompany you to ground transportation that will take you to your departure terminal. You’ll be “expedited” through security, although it’s unclear what that actually entails. And when boarding begins, you’ll be escorted to your seat on the Delta aircraft.
For those flying into JFK, a Delta Elite Service member will meet you on the jet bridge for a domestic flight or after you clear customs on an international flight. After your baggage has been collected you’ll be driven to a helicopter that’s waiting to take off.
BLADE has already been offering transfers between New York’s three main airports (and smaller NYC airports) and Manhattan but this is the first time a full-service airline has partnered with the company. This isn’t the only expansion that BLADE has recently announced, in February the company started service in Los Angeles.
Flights are bookable through the BLADE app — when reserving a helicopter you’ll see an option to add either a “Helicopter-to-Gate Special Escort” or “Gate-to-Helicopter Special Escort.” Prices start at $250 (on top of the regular BLADE fare) and it appears that the price is per reservation, not per traveler, so you could potentially split the cost of a Delta escort with other passengers.
If you’re interested in trying out BLADE for yourself, click here and enter referral code THEPOINTSGUY (case sensitive). You’ll earn $100 in credit (which is applied in $50 increments) to use towards BLADE flights.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees