This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new service will be available to Delta customers flying into and out of JFK. If you are flying from Manhattan, you’ll arrive at one of BLADE’s three lounges and then take your 5-minute helicopter flight to JFK. After landing a member of Delta’s Elite Services team will collect your baggage and accompany you to ground transportation that will take you to your departure terminal. You’ll be “expedited” through security, although it’s unclear what that actually entails. And when boarding begins, you’ll be escorted to your seat on the Delta aircraft.
For those flying into JFK, a Delta Elite Service member will meet you on the jet bridge for a domestic flight or after you clear customs on an international flight. After your baggage has been collected you’ll be driven to a helicopter that’s waiting to take off.
BLADE has already been offering transfers between New York’s three main airports (and smaller NYC airports) and Manhattan but this is the first time a full-service airline has partnered with the company. This isn’t the only expansion that BLADE has recently announced, in February the company started service in Los Angeles.
Flights are bookable through the BLADE app — when reserving a helicopter you’ll see an option to add either a “Helicopter-to-Gate Special Escort” or “Gate-to-Helicopter Special Escort.” Prices start at $250 (on top of the regular BLADE fare) and it appears that the price is per reservation, not per traveler, so you could potentially split the cost of a Delta escort with other passengers.
If you’re interested in trying out BLADE for yourself, click here and enter referral code THEPOINTSGUY (case sensitive). You’ll earn $100 in credit (which is applied in $50 increments) to use towards BLADE flights.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees