BLADE Expands Into LA + Win a Free Helicopter Ride Over the Oscars
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Los Angeles. Some call it the City of Angels, some call it the City of Traffic. LA is notorious for its constant gridlock that paralyzes many parts of the city. With public transit lacking, there aren’t many means for getting around the metropolitan area quickly.
Enter BLADE, the company that’s innovated a variety of transportation services in New York City, including on-demand helicopter service from Manhattan to the city’s airports, helicopter and seaplane flights to the Hamptons or private jet service to Miami. BLADE is officially launching in Los Angeles this week and will start offering helicopter bookings through their app to get around the city and surrounding areas. You’ll be able to access their BLADE Anywhere charter service, where you can charter a helicopter, turboprop or jet to any destination you choose. Just plug in the time, place and final destination and BLADE will take care of the rest.
Over the past few months BLADE has been testing its service throughout Los Angeles and will be opening to the public this weekend. Getting into LA can be a hassle — even with a variety of airports to choose from, you’ll still be sitting in traffic for ages to get to your final destination. But with BLADE bases sprinkled around the city and its airports, you’ll be able to get from A to B without having to deal with traffic on the 405.
The company plans to offer service on popular routes like Santa Monica to the Staples Center, Downtown LA to LAX, Burbank to LAX and Van Nuys to Downtown LA. These flights start at $495 to charter the whole helicopter, similar to the price to rent a chopper from Manhattan to JFK.
You’ll even be able to charter longer flights, with routes such as Santa Monica to Orange County starting at $995, and Santa Monica to Santa Barbara from $1,495. And like you can already do in New York, you’ll soon have the opportunity in LA to crowdsource these flights through the BLADE app, where members of the BLADE community can purchase by-the-seat and hop onto your chopper to bring down the cost of the ride.
The first flights to be offered, which are already available to book through their app, are the BLADE Freestyle-HeliPhoto flights, powered by FlyNYON, the experts in heliphoto aviation. For $295 a seat, you’ll be strapped into a doors-off helicopter and then whisked away to see iconic Hollywood locations like the Hollywood Sign, Beverly Hills and finally over the Dolby Theater where you’ll get a bird’s eye view of the Oscars this Sunday and snap some epic pictures.
BLADE and TPG have partnered to give away two seats on a Freestyle-HeliPhoto flight this weekend. The 25 minute flight will leave at 3:30pm on Sunday (2/26) from Van Nuys Airport. You’ll get to taste the magic of what it’s like to fly with your legs hanging out the side of a helicopter and hover 700 feet over the Oscars.
How To Enter:
Winners will be selected tomorrow at 9am PST/12pm EST. Even if you don’t win, you’ll still receive a $100 account credit* towards your first flight when you enter the referral code: THEPOINTSGUY. Make sure to enter quickly, since the flight is tomorrow!
*Note – credit will not work for the BLADE Freestyle-Heliphoto Oscar flights.
Featured Image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees