BLADE Expands Into LA + Win a Free Helicopter Ride Over the Oscars
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Los Angeles. Some call it the City of Angels, some call it the City of Traffic. LA is notorious for its constant gridlock that paralyzes many parts of the city. With public transit lacking, there aren’t many means for getting around the metropolitan area quickly.
Enter BLADE, the company that’s innovated a variety of transportation services in New York City, including on-demand helicopter service from Manhattan to the city’s airports, helicopter and seaplane flights to the Hamptons or private jet service to Miami. BLADE is officially launching in Los Angeles this week and will start offering helicopter bookings through their app to get around the city and surrounding areas. You’ll be able to access their BLADE Anywhere charter service, where you can charter a helicopter, turboprop or jet to any destination you choose. Just plug in the time, place and final destination and BLADE will take care of the rest.
Over the past few months BLADE has been testing its service throughout Los Angeles and will be opening to the public this weekend. Getting into LA can be a hassle — even with a variety of airports to choose from, you’ll still be sitting in traffic for ages to get to your final destination. But with BLADE bases sprinkled around the city and its airports, you’ll be able to get from A to B without having to deal with traffic on the 405.
The company plans to offer service on popular routes like Santa Monica to the Staples Center, Downtown LA to LAX, Burbank to LAX and Van Nuys to Downtown LA. These flights start at $495 to charter the whole helicopter, similar to the price to rent a chopper from Manhattan to JFK.
You’ll even be able to charter longer flights, with routes such as Santa Monica to Orange County starting at $995, and Santa Monica to Santa Barbara from $1,495. And like you can already do in New York, you’ll soon have the opportunity in LA to crowdsource these flights through the BLADE app, where members of the BLADE community can purchase by-the-seat and hop onto your chopper to bring down the cost of the ride.
The first flights to be offered, which are already available to book through their app, are the BLADE Freestyle-HeliPhoto flights, powered by FlyNYON, the experts in heliphoto aviation. For $295 a seat, you’ll be strapped into a doors-off helicopter and then whisked away to see iconic Hollywood locations like the Hollywood Sign, Beverly Hills and finally over the Dolby Theater where you’ll get a bird’s eye view of the Oscars this Sunday and snap some epic pictures.
BLADE and TPG have partnered to give away two seats on a Freestyle-HeliPhoto flight this weekend. The 25 minute flight will leave at 3:30pm on Sunday (2/26) from Van Nuys Airport. You’ll get to taste the magic of what it’s like to fly with your legs hanging out the side of a helicopter and hover 700 feet over the Oscars.
How To Enter:
Winners will be selected tomorrow at 9am PST/12pm EST. Even if you don’t win, you’ll still receive a $100 account credit* towards your first flight when you enter the referral code: THEPOINTSGUY. Make sure to enter quickly, since the flight is tomorrow!
*Note – credit will not work for the BLADE Freestyle-Heliphoto Oscar flights.
Featured Image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.