The TPG App has arrived — here’s why you should download it now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, we announced that the TPG App was on its way — and now, that day has arrived. Beginning today, the TPG App is available for anyone to download from Apple’s app store.
As international borders open and we continue to see the travel industry rebound, the TPG App serves as an invaluable resource for planning the trips you’ve been putting off due to the pandemic with the points and miles you’ve been unable to use since last year.
Here’s why you should download the TPG App now, the definitive tool to help you learn about, earn and burn your points and miles.
Gain early access
Even though we’ve been slowly giving access to the app over the past few months, we’re now opening it up to everyone. If you download it today, you’ll be among the first to start using it. The sooner you do so, the sooner you can set up your account and start using the great features we’ll highlight below — including the award explorer (to research flight options) and the cards tab (to optimize your spending).
Note that the app is initially available to iOS users only. However, an Android-specific version is in the works — so you can join the Android waitlist here.
Here’s more information on the key features of the app.
Learn what rewards you need
Here at The Points Guy, our goal is always to provide the tools our readers need to make smart travel decisions, and the TPG App serves as an extension of that goal in a few distinct ways.
First, you can customize your news feed to put what matters to you most at the very top. From credit card news to hotel and airline reviews, you can learn all you need to know about the world of travel rewards on your unique homepage of the TPG App.
The award explorer tool allows you to identify how many miles you’ll need to get you to where you want to go — a valuable tool for vacation planning this fall, winter (and beyond).
And the cards tab keeps track of how far you are from meeting a minimum spend on a new card — and can tell you which one would be best to use based on your current location. It even flags all of the perks and benefits associated with cards in your wallet, keeping them top of mind and ensuring you don’t miss out on using them.
Earn your way to your next vacation
Once you know which rewards will take you where, the next step is to actually earn them.
The cards tab serves as a guide to choosing which credit card in your wallet is best for dining, travel, groceries and more. With this information all in one place, you never have to worry about using the wrong card again or missing out on points.
Meanwhile, the points tab syncs all of your loyalty programs — even if you don’t have a cobranded credit card — to conveniently see all of your rewards in a single spot. This way you know what you have and which programs you should focus on to make your next vacation a reality.
Burn your points and miles … the right way
Points and miles can be especially valuable when planning any last-minute or holiday trips. Travel came roaring back over the summer, and with the U.S. planning to reopen to Europeans in November, we’ll likely see higher prices for many flights and hotels. But with the TPG App, you can get a head start on planning your next vacation with points and miles.
When you use the award tool on the TPG App, you’ll see a list of loyalty programs and estimated award prices for your trip. This can go a long way toward helping you decide the best way to spend those points and miles you’ve been racking up. You can even filter the results based on specific programs and transfer partners — providing valuable inspiration for that next vacation.
The app even includes estimated taxes and fees, so you won’t be surprised at the out-of-pocket costs associated with your ticket when it’s time to book with the given program.
The TPG App is here, and you can now download it from the Apple app store.
The app is the perfect tool to help you learn, earn and then burn your points and miles to make travel easier.
So don’t wait! Download the app today.
Featured photo of Emirates first class by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees