Deal Alert: Get a Helicopter Ride Between Manhattan and a NYC Airport for Just $120
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you use BLADE promo code BRIANF&F you and TPG will each earn $50 in Blade credits.
If you want a quick and convenient transfer between Manhattan and the New York City airports, BLADE is becoming one of the better options.
TPG has been a fan of BLADE since 2014, when you’d need to pay up to $1,250 for a ride between Manhattan and New York Kennedy (JFK). Since then, BLADE has expanded to New York LaGuardia, Newark and Los Angeles; launched private jet flights between NYC and Miami and partnered with Delta and American Airlines.
Just in March 2019, it launched BLADE Continuous between Manhattan and JFK, and expanded the service to Newark and LaGuardia in May. As its name implies, it offers continuous service between NYC airports and Manhattan on weekdays between 7am and 7pm and Sunday from 3pm-7pm. Here’s what the experience was like.
But perhaps most importantly of the changes over the years, BLADE has dropped the price of its airport transfers significantly. A seat on a BLADE Continuous flight costs just $195 per person. And there’s a coupon code available now that drops that price even lower. The $75 coupon code AIRSOCIAL will cut the price of one ride down to just $120.
In order to take advantage of this deal:
- Download and open the BLADE app
- Select the BLADE Airport option on the homepage
- Choose the airport you want to go between
- Select which direction you want to book
- Pick the date and time your flight lands (inbound) or when you want to arrive curbside at the airport (outbound) and click next
- Enter your airline and flight number so BLADE can make sure your flight is on time
- Choose any upgrades you want to add or just click Next
- Confirm your itinerary and click Next
- Click Enter Code, type AIRSOCIAL and click Apply
- Enter your payment info to checkout
If you’re a The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmember, check your mail for a gift from American Express. Amex recently sent out $295 BLADE gift cards to select cardholders. If you were one of the lucky ones, you can use this gift card to score a $120 after-coupon ride plus a $195 BLADE Continuous ride for just $20 out of pocket.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.