Deal Alert: Get a Helicopter Ride Between Manhattan and a NYC Airport for Just $120
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you use BLADE promo code BRIANF&F you and TPG will each earn $50 in Blade credits.
If you want a quick and convenient transfer between Manhattan and the New York City airports, BLADE is becoming one of the better options.
TPG has been a fan of BLADE since 2014, when you’d need to pay up to $1,250 for a ride between Manhattan and New York Kennedy (JFK). Since then, BLADE has expanded to New York LaGuardia, Newark and Los Angeles; launched private jet flights between NYC and Miami and partnered with Delta and American Airlines.
Just in March 2019, it launched BLADE Continuous between Manhattan and JFK, and expanded the service to Newark and LaGuardia in May. As its name implies, it offers continuous service between NYC airports and Manhattan on weekdays between 7am and 7pm and Sunday from 3pm-7pm. Here’s what the experience was like.
But perhaps most importantly of the changes over the years, BLADE has dropped the price of its airport transfers significantly. A seat on a BLADE Continuous flight costs just $195 per person. And there’s a coupon code available now that drops that price even lower. The $75 coupon code AIRSOCIAL will cut the price of one ride down to just $120.
In order to take advantage of this deal:
- Download and open the BLADE app
- Select the BLADE Airport option on the homepage
- Choose the airport you want to go between
- Select which direction you want to book
- Pick the date and time your flight lands (inbound) or when you want to arrive curbside at the airport (outbound) and click next
- Enter your airline and flight number so BLADE can make sure your flight is on time
- Choose any upgrades you want to add or just click Next
- Confirm your itinerary and click Next
- Click Enter Code, type AIRSOCIAL and click Apply
- Enter your payment info to checkout
If you’re a The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmember, check your mail for a gift from American Express. Amex recently sent out $295 BLADE gift cards to select cardholders. If you were one of the lucky ones, you can use this gift card to score a $120 after-coupon ride plus a $195 BLADE Continuous ride for just $20 out of pocket.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees