‘BLADE Continuous’ Now Offering Helicopter Rides From Manhattan to JFK All Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tired of facing traffic from Manhattan to the airport each time you leave the city for work or on vacation? If you’re willing to throw some money at the problem, a new program from BLADE which kicks off on March 25 will cut your airport commute down to a five-minute helicopter flight.
As part of the new BLADE Continuous service, BLADE is offering transport services for $195 one way between Manhattan and John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) on weekdays from 7am to 7pm. (Note: This route is not covered under the BLADE Unlimited Pass, which only covers flights to the Hamptons.)
Manhattan flights will depart from the BLADE Lounge West at the West 30th Street Heliport, located just steps from the newly-opened Hudson Yards complex, where dozens of major commercial brands are vying for high-profile office space. At JFK, BLADE service will include ground transportation between the helipad and all commercial terminals. The private helicopter service will also have a presence in the lobby of the highly anticipated TWA Hotel, where hotel guests will be able to arrange BLADE flights to Manhattan, or any other BLADE-served destination.
The new Manhattan-JFK weekday service launch is the next phase of BLADE’s continued expansion into commercial aviation. Just a few weeks prior, BLADE announced an optional escorted transfer service for American Airlines travelers departing or arriving in New York or Los Angeles.
BLADE isn’t the first helicopter company to address the hellish Manhattan-to-airport commute from a higher perspective. Last summer, United began offering helicopter transfers from the Big Apple to its hub in Newark.
Check out TPG‘s review of the Manhattan-JFK BLADE Continuous service, and use coupon code BRIANF&F for $50 off of your first Continuous service.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees