BLADE Continuous Helicopters Now Serve All NYC-Area Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying out of New York City? You can now sidestep Manhattan’s gridlock and take a helicopter to any of the city’s three airports.
BLADE, which launched helicopter transports from Manhattan to New York’s JFK Airport in March, announced on Wednesday that it expanded its service to all airports in the NYC area, including New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport and LaGuardia Airport in Queens.
The new routes, called BLADE Continuous, are between LaGuardia and Manhattan’s Downtown/Wall Street Heliport, and passengers can reach Newark by helicopter from BLADE Lounge East (East 34th Street Heliport). The route to JFK will continue to depart from BLADE Lounge West (West 30th Street Heliport) across from Hudson Yards.
A seat on a BLADE helicopter to the airport costs $195, and the transfer (to JFK at least) takes about five minutes.
“Since expanding our continuous flight service between Manhattan and JFK, we are seeing faster than expected adoption by people choosing to fly to the airport rather than driving,” Rob Wiesenthal, CEO of BLADE, said in a statement. “It has become immediately apparent that fliers want the flexibility to fly between Manhattan and, not only JFK, but all area airports.”
TPG‘s Zach Griff took a BLADE helicopter to JFK for a recent flight to Los Angeles. You can read his review here.
Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.