BLADE Continuous Helicopters Now Serve All NYC-Area Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying out of New York City? You can now sidestep Manhattan’s gridlock and take a helicopter to any of the city’s three airports.
BLADE, which launched helicopter transports from Manhattan to New York’s JFK Airport in March, announced on Wednesday that it expanded its service to all airports in the NYC area, including New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport and LaGuardia Airport in Queens.
The new routes, called BLADE Continuous, are between LaGuardia and Manhattan’s Downtown/Wall Street Heliport, and passengers can reach Newark by helicopter from BLADE Lounge East (East 34th Street Heliport). The route to JFK will continue to depart from BLADE Lounge West (West 30th Street Heliport) across from Hudson Yards.
A seat on a BLADE helicopter to the airport costs $195, and the transfer (to JFK at least) takes about five minutes.
“Since expanding our continuous flight service between Manhattan and JFK, we are seeing faster than expected adoption by people choosing to fly to the airport rather than driving,” Rob Wiesenthal, CEO of BLADE, said in a statement. “It has become immediately apparent that fliers want the flexibility to fly between Manhattan and, not only JFK, but all area airports.”
TPG‘s Zach Griff took a BLADE helicopter to JFK for a recent flight to Los Angeles. You can read his review here.
Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.