JetBlue and Amazon (Essentially) End Shopping Portal Relationship
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Freedom
In an email today, JetBlue announced that its partnership with Amazon was being significantly devalued. Beginning March 27, 2018, purchases through the JetBlue Amazon shopping portal will no longer earn JetBlue points. But you can still earn three JetBlue points per dollar when shopping at Amazon if you’re onboard a JetBlue flight and connected to the carrier’s free Fly-Fi Wi-Fi.
The news comes as a huge blow to Amazon shoppers since the TrueBlue portal was the only online shopping portal where you could earn airline miles for Amazon purchases. There are a few portals that offer cashback — but only for purchases in eligible categories.
You can still earn JetBlue points through its shopping portal, JetBlue credit card spend, transferring points from Amex Membership Rewards or Citi ThankYou points and from good old-fashioned flying.
If you’re looking to save at the online retail giant, the Amazon Prime VISA card gets 5% back on all Amazon purchases (if you’re a Prime member) or you could use the Citi Double Cash Card to get 2% cashback (1% when you buy, plus 1% when you pay). You can also by gift cards at a discount or from a retailer where a card gets a category bonus like the Chase Freedom — which earns 5x points on mobile wallet purchases this quarter.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.