This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an email today, JetBlue announced that its partnership with Amazon was being significantly devalued. Beginning March 27, 2018, purchases through the JetBlue Amazon shopping portal will no longer earn JetBlue points. But you can still earn three JetBlue points per dollar when shopping at Amazon if you’re onboard a JetBlue flight and connected to the carrier’s free Fly-Fi Wi-Fi.
The news comes as a huge blow to Amazon shoppers since the TrueBlue portal was the only online shopping portal where you could earn airline miles for Amazon purchases. There are a few portals that offer cashback — but only for purchases in eligible categories.
You can still earn JetBlue points through its shopping portal, JetBlue credit card spend, transferring points from Amex Membership Rewards or Citi ThankYou points and from good old-fashioned flying.
If you’re looking to save at the online retail giant, the Amazon Prime VISA card gets 5% back on all Amazon purchases (if you’re a Prime member) or you could use the Citi Double Cash to get 2% cashback. You can also by gift cards at a discount or from a retailer where a card gets a category bonus like the Chase Freedom — which earns 5x points on mobile wallet purchases this quarter.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards