Maximizing JetBlue TrueBlue redemptions with Brex Rewards points (Plus, 75,000 bonus points when you sign up for Brex through TPG)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Last month, we saw big news from Brex when it announced the addition of Jetblue as its newest transfer partner.
Already, corporate travelers could transfer Brex points to Aeromexico Club Premier, Air France-KLM Flying Blue, Avianca LifeMiles, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Singapore KrisFlyer, which represent each of the three major airline alliances (Oneworld, SkyTeam and Star Alliance).
Brex customers can transfer points directly through the Brex rewards dashboard and book flights. Economy flights are included and customers can even book JetBlue’s Mint business class (which TPG considers the best domestic business-class product in the sky) directly.
Transfer Brex points to JetBlue TrueBlue points
Brex Exclusive customers will be able to transfer points at a 1:1 ratio, the same as every other Brex transfer partner. This puts it in line with Chase Ultimate Rewards, which also offers 1:1 transfer ratio. Amex transfers to JetBlue at a 5:4 ratio, and Capital One only offers a 2:1 transfer ratio. Brex Exclusive Rewards points are worth 1.7 cents each, according to TPG’s most recent valuations. With a sizable welcome bonus (more on that later) you can score some great awards.
JetBlue Mint one-way to the Caribbean
TPG himself can’t stop raving about JetBlue Mint ever since flying the product back in 2014. And now with your Brex card, you can experience it too. For instance, one-way flights from New York-JFK to parts of the Caribbean, such as Bridgetown (BGI) have Mint awards starting at just 35,000 TrueBlue points one-way.
Transcontinental round-trip fares in Blue class can be as low as 6,400 points one-way or 12,800 round-trip, perfect for group travel or work conferences.
JetBlue runs TrueBlue deals fairly often. If you are flexible with dates and locations, you can snag great deals around the U.S. and the Caribbean.
Sometimes deals can be as low as 400 points one-way, so make sure you check the deals page regularly!
Is Brex right for you?
Brex caters to businesses across tech, e-commerce/CPG, life sciences and other industries, and has a slightly stricter set of guidelines around qualification. While you don’t have to be a registered business to be approved for most small-business credit cards, that isn’t the case for the corporate cards offered by Brex. You also need to have at least $100,000 in a business bank account to qualify for a card.
With that out of the way, the Brex Card for Startups — one of three cards that earn Brex points — offers an appealing rewards rate (and 10x-20x higher credit limits than many other business credit cards) for customers who can pass its selective application process and who use the card exclusively for corporate spending. Brex Exclusive cardholders with the Brex Card for Startups earn:
- 7x on rideshare purchases
- 4x on Brex travel
- 3x on restaurants
- 2x on recurring software
- 1x on everything else
To earn at these rates, Brex must be your exclusive corporate card. Right now, Brex is offering 75,000 points to new cardholders after spending $1,000 on the card. Offer ends 3/31/20.
Even better, approved business owners will also receive waived annual fees for life, so you’ll be able to enjoy the full worth of the bonus without having to worry about an annual fee.
With a 1:1 ratio, Brex is in line with Chase as having the best transfer ratio to JetBlue, unlike American Express and Capital One. If you’re a business owner, you may find yourself flying JetBlue often, especially if you live in (or near) one of its hubs. With the airline’s frequent TrueBlue sales and low points needed for award redemptions, using Brex points is a solid option for flights.
Featured photo by Craig Warga/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees