Flash Sale: JetBlue Flights From 400 Points or $20 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue is running a great flash sale with flights from numerous cities on both coasts starting at just $20 or 400 JetBlue TrueBlue points plus fees one-way.
Flights are available from cities such as New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) and Washington DC (DCA). You can even fly to some international destinations like Bermuda (BDA) and Grand Cayman (GCM) one-way for at reduced prices. Departure dates and times are very specific with this sale and travel dates are Sept. 1 – Nov. 1. Keep in mind that all tickets are in JetBlue’s Blue class, which means you won’t get an included checked bag and you’ll have to pay extra to change your ticket unless you have elite status or an eligible JetBlue credit card.
To search, head to JetBlue’s flash fares page and filter the list by your departure city.
This is a good opportunity to use your TrueBlue points since award redemptions are tied to the cost of the ticket. You can transfer points from Citi ThankYou, Amex Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $20+ one-way or 400+ points plus fees
Travel Dates: Sept. 1 – Nov. 1
Book By: Tonight (July 9) by 11:59pm EST
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare ), JetBlue Plus Card (6x on JetBlue purchases), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Charleston (CHS) for 400 points + $5.60 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $20 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Martha’s Vineyard for $20 one-way:
Albany (ALB) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) for $30 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Bermuda (BDA) for 2,400 points + $5.60 one-way:
Westchester County (HPN) to Orlando (MCO) for 2,700 points + $5.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Mexico City (MEX) for 1,800 points + $32 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
If you decide to pay using JetBlue and have a card such as the JetBlue Plus Card, you’ll get 10% of your redeemed points back making these even sweeter deals. Having this card also means a free checked bag for the cardholder and up to three others on the reservation, even when booking the least expensive Blue fares.
If you pay with cash instead of points, don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), JetBlue Plus Card (6x on JetBlue purchases), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees