9 Airlines You Should Be Following on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines mostly do one thing, fly people and cargo from A to B, but many carriers around the world also happen to be skilled at social media, specifically Instagram. While not all of us will be able to fly with the world’s largest airlines to new destinations, the photos on their Instagram pages can help to take us there — at least in the form of pixels. From total AvGeek content to a behind-the-scenes look at the cabin crew — plus tons of wanderlust-inducing pics — here are our nine favorite airline Instagram accounts.
With an impressive 2.4 million Instagram followers, Emirates doesn’t disappoint with content. The Dubai-based carrier first launched operations in 1985 and now flies the world’s biggest fleets of both Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s. On its Instagram feed, you’ll find not just the usual photo suspects, but also travel tips for planning your next vacation. Whether it’s glamour shots of its extensive fleet, appealing onboard products or wide-ranging route network, Emirates offers its followers a little bit of everything.
Got South America on the brain? Give a follow to the continent’s largest carrier LATAM for a glimpse of where you can go. From Chile’s stunning Piedras Rojas to the brightly colored streets of Bogota, Colombia, LATAM’s Instagram feed will have you planning your next adventure soon enough. Not only that, this feed provides a look inside the aircraft, from the cockpit to the landing gear, and even some gorgeous shots of the planes in flight.
If you’re not a huge AvGeek but love looking at inspiring #travelporn, Lufthansa’s a great carrier to consider following. What it doesn’t post in terms of its aircraft and day-to-day operations, Lufthansa makes up for with its breathtaking shots of destinations all over the world. Each month, the carrier focuses on one city — in August, for instance, it’s taking a look at Berlin by water; in the past, it’s featured everywhere from Siberia to Delhi. We love that Lufthansa still showcases its metal every once in a while, too.
Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific covers every aspect of the travel experience on its Instagram page. In fact, you could probably plan your next trip just by browsing through its 800 photos — you’ll see pics of Cathay’s 747 taxiing, the colorful markets of Tel Aviv and authentic street food in Singapore. We love Cathay’s account for its diversity — you’ll never see too much of one thing in this feed.
What Hawaiian Airlines’ Instagram page lacks in followers (comparatively), it makes up for in content. The colorful images of Hawaii, the airline’s smiling crew and its aircraft will add some Aloha to your Insta feed. Between pictures of scuba divers swimming in perfectly clear Pacific water and island-hopping planes, there’s plenty of variety in what you’ll see. If you’ve never been to the 50th state, its flagship carrier’s Instagram page will make you want to plan a trip stat.
Etihad loves to show off its metal. From stunning overhead shots of its A380s taking off to photos of its crew all over the world, Etihad makes traveling and flying look incredible — even in economy. You might even learn how to spice up your culinary skills; occasionally, Etihad features videos of its in-flight chef preparing dishes you can make for yourself at home.
This US legacy carrier has an eye for good photography, featuring images ranging from snaps all over the world to the inside of Delta’s hangars and even aesthetically pleasing photos taken from the aisle of an aircraft. You’ll also find some photos submitted by users with fun tales of what travel has meant to them and animations you won’t see anywhere else. We love Delta’s feed because it’s the perfect mix of travel and AvGeekery — especially for those of us based in the US.
Take a trip Down Under via Qantas‘ Instagram feed. While there’s a good number of photos depicting travel and picturesque destinations, the carrier chooses to fill its Instagram page with enough photos to keep every AvGeek happy. Expect to get up close and personal with the airline’s A380s, spot some of its #RetroRoo old-school livery and watch as one of its Queen of the Skies makes a smooth landing. And there’s no need to fly across the world to see the wonders of Australia — Qantas gives it all to you right from the Instagram app.
Compared to other airlines, ANA’s Instagram page is pretty simple, but the shots are still high-quality. You’ll get fun animations, photos of many of its destinations and what goes into the soft product on board. ANA also captures the “Spirit of Japan” in its pictures and gives travelers an idea what it’s like to fly with the airline.
Are there any other airlines worth following on Instagram? Let us know in the comments, below.
Featured image by Mischa Keijser/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees