You Can Personalize Delta’s New Tumi Amenity Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 8/23/17: You can see a customized Tumi amenity kit in the image below.
Delta’s SkyMiles program might be an ongoing source of frustration for frequent flyers and credit card holders alike, but there’s no question that the carrier continues to make strides when it comes to offering a solid product. The airline’s also gearing up to launch its refreshed business product, the Delta One suite, which debuts between Detroit (DTW) and Tokyo (NRT) on October 30, followed by DTW to Seoul (ICN) on November 18 and DTW to Beijing (PEK) on January 17, 2018.
Now, come September 1, Delta will begin offering updated amenity kits as well, with new options in Delta One (business class), Premium Select, Comfort+ and economy. Perhaps most interesting is the fact that the airline’s new Tumi hard-case kits will include a patch that customers can bring to a Tumi store (excluding airport and outlet locations) for free monogramming.
Both hard-case and soft-shell cases will be available in Delta One, with the airline handing out the former on flights departing the US and the latter offered on return flights. Business-class kits include hand cleanser, a toothbrush set with mouthwash, Tumi eyeshades, earplugs, socks and a variety of Kiehl’s products, such as lip balm and body lotion.
Passengers booked in Delta’s Premium Select cabin, which launches on the Airbus A350 later this year, will receive a modified Tumi kit as well. Premium-economy kits include a toothbrush set, an eye mask, earplugs, socks and lotion.
Meanwhile, customers traveling in Comfort+ will receive a modest kit on long-haul international flights with a Delta One cabin and select domestic routes, including flights between JFK and Los Angeles/San Francisco, Boston and San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. (DCA) and Los Angeles:
Even regular economy flyers will get basic kits on the same flights:
While privacy, seat comfort and catering may be higher priorities to some customers, there’s no question that premium amenity kits come into play when selecting a flight as well. Delta’s Tumi amenity kits were already on the higher end of US carrier offerings, but frequent travelers have likely already had their fill, making an occasional refresh a must.
Will you head to a Tumi store for free amenity kit monogramming?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees