This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) of Japan started flying a special C-3PO-inspired Boeing 777-200ER this week, which makes it the fourth star-wars themed aircraft the carrier has flown. It’s also featured a BB-8 inspired 777-300ER, which TPG flew from Tokyo (HND) to Los Angeles (LAX), an R2-D2 787-9 Dreamliner and a 767 that displays both BB-8 and R2D2 motifs.
The design features C-3PO’s famous exposed wires and chest plate with a yellow paint-job resembling the robot’s gold-plating.
The aircraft’s interior is decked out in bright blue seats with yellow headrest covers sporting the droid’s power outlet and wires. You’ll even get cups and a boarding pass in the same style, served to you by flight attendants wearing C-3PO aprons.
The aircraft’s inaugural flight was on Tuesday, March 21 between Tokyo’s Haneda airport (HND) and Kagoshima (KOJ), and it’ll continue to be used on domestic routes for the time being. Anthony Daniels, who’s played C-3PO since 1977, was at the jet’s reveal and even left his signature next to the boarding door.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees