This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) of Japan started flying a special C-3PO-inspired Boeing 777-200ER this week, which makes it the fourth star-wars themed aircraft the carrier has flown. It’s also featured a BB-8 inspired 777-300ER, which TPG flew from Tokyo (HND) to Los Angeles (LAX), an R2-D2 787-9 Dreamliner and a 767 that displays both BB-8 and R2D2 motifs.
The design features C-3PO’s famous exposed wires and chest plate with a yellow paint-job resembling the robot’s gold-plating.
The aircraft’s interior is decked out in bright blue seats with yellow headrest covers sporting the droid’s power outlet and wires. You’ll even get cups and a boarding pass in the same style, served to you by flight attendants wearing C-3PO aprons.
The aircraft’s inaugural flight was on Tuesday, March 21 between Tokyo’s Haneda airport (HND) and Kagoshima (KOJ), and it’ll continue to be used on domestic routes for the time being. Anthony Daniels, who’s played C-3PO since 1977, was at the jet’s reveal and even left his signature next to the boarding door.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees