This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) of Japan started flying a special C-3PO-inspired Boeing 777-200ER this week, which makes it the fourth star-wars themed aircraft the carrier has flown. It’s also featured a BB-8 inspired 777-300ER, which TPG flew from Tokyo (HND) to Los Angeles (LAX), an R2-D2 787-9 Dreamliner and a 767 that displays both BB-8 and R2D2 motifs.
The design features C-3PO’s famous exposed wires and chest plate with a yellow paint-job resembling the robot’s gold-plating.
The aircraft’s interior is decked out in bright blue seats with yellow headrest covers sporting the droid’s power outlet and wires. You’ll even get cups and a boarding pass in the same style, served to you by flight attendants wearing C-3PO aprons.
The aircraft’s inaugural flight was on Tuesday, March 21 between Tokyo’s Haneda airport (HND) and Kagoshima (KOJ), and it’ll continue to be used on domestic routes for the time being. Anthony Daniels, who’s played C-3PO since 1977, was at the jet’s reveal and even left his signature next to the boarding door.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards