Watch an A321 Fight Fierce Winds Approaching Madeira
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Before Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport in Madeira, Portugal (FNC) made the news a number of weeks ago for its creepy (and hilarious) bust of the professional soccer player it’s named after, it had gained notoriety for its unique runway and windy approaches. Back in March, the airport experienced severe winds, causing a number of precarious-looking go arounds.
In this crazy aviation video, watch a Germania A321 fight fierce winds on arrival into the gusty Atlantic island. The angle of the video shows an interesting perspective, as you see the aircraft maneuver back and forth to land in the center of the runway, near the aiming point (those two large, solid white rectangles). While we’ve certainly seen more extreme landings, this video shows how the pilot does a remarkable job recovering from a bumpy short final to touch down quite smoothly. At one point, you can see the aircraft tips its nose down towards the runway, which had to have been alarming for those on board. It may look as if the airplane is at the mercy of the elements, but remember that pilots are highly-skilled and train for these kinds of perilous landings.
? @PilotEyesStore ? Windy approach into Cristiano Ronaldo Intl. Airport! ➡️WWW.PILOTEYES737.COM⬅️ by Paulo Ricardo Farida⠀ ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖⠀ ?? Pilot Eyes Store is OPENED! (@PilotEyesStore)⠀ ? We have over 1200+ Aviation related products!⠀ ✅ Pilot Jackets, Phone Cases, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Mugs, Watches, Posters, Mouse Pads, Lanyards, Bags and more!⠀ ℹ Visit © WWW.PILOTEYESSTORE.COM⠀ ? Best Prices Guaranteed!⠀ ✔️24/7 Customer Support⠀ ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖⠀ ?Tags: #pilot #pilotseye #piloteyes #aviation #instaplane #aircraft #photooftheday #planeporn #airplane_lovers #airplane #picoftheday #crew #crewlife #instaaviation #instaplane #instapilot #flying #cockpit #plane #flight #airline #instagramaviation #avgeek #avgeeks #avporn #aviationgeek #aviationdaily #aviation4u #goproaviation
A post shared by Boeing 737 ? PILOT (@piloteyes737) on
Have you ever flown into Madeira? Tell us about your windy approach (there or elsewhere), below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees