Watch an A321 Fight Fierce Winds Approaching Madeira
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Before Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport in Madeira, Portugal (FNC) made the news a number of weeks ago for its creepy (and hilarious) bust of the professional soccer player it’s named after, it had gained notoriety for its unique runway and windy approaches. Back in March, the airport experienced severe winds, causing a number of precarious-looking go arounds.
In this crazy aviation video, watch a Germania A321 fight fierce winds on arrival into the gusty Atlantic island. The angle of the video shows an interesting perspective, as you see the aircraft maneuver back and forth to land in the center of the runway, near the aiming point (those two large, solid white rectangles). While we’ve certainly seen more extreme landings, this video shows how the pilot does a remarkable job recovering from a bumpy short final to touch down quite smoothly. At one point, you can see the aircraft tips its nose down towards the runway, which had to have been alarming for those on board. It may look as if the airplane is at the mercy of the elements, but remember that pilots are highly-skilled and train for these kinds of perilous landings.
👉 @PilotEyesStore 👈 Windy approach into Cristiano Ronaldo Intl. Airport! ➡️WWW.PILOTEYES737.COM⬅️ by Paulo Ricardo Farida⠀ ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖⠀ 👮🏻 Pilot Eyes Store is OPENED! (@PilotEyesStore)⠀ 🆕 We have over 1200+ Aviation related products!⠀ ✅ Pilot Jackets, Phone Cases, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Mugs, Watches, Posters, Mouse Pads, Lanyards, Bags and more!⠀ ℹ Visit © WWW.PILOTEYESSTORE.COM⠀ 💰 Best Prices Guaranteed!⠀ ✔️24/7 Customer Support⠀ ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖⠀ 📛Tags: #pilot #pilotseye #piloteyes #aviation #instaplane #aircraft #photooftheday #planeporn #airplane_lovers #airplane #picoftheday #crew #crewlife #instaaviation #instaplane #instapilot #flying #cockpit #plane #flight #airline #instagramaviation #avgeek #avgeeks #avporn #aviationgeek #aviationdaily #aviation4u #goproaviation
A post shared by Boeing 737 🆖 PILOT (@piloteyes737) on
Have you ever flown into Madeira? Tell us about your windy approach (there or elsewhere), below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.