This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We see a lot of hairy landings at TPG, but this might be the craziest. In this crazy aviation video, a crosswind almost derails a 737’s landing. The crew and passengers were surely holding their breath on this flight.
The Boeing 737-400, operated by Air Horizont, approaches the runway at Václav Havel Airport (PRG) in Prague. According to the video, the wind is blowing at a paltry 13 knots, but as the jet touches the runway at a 45-degree angle, it wobbles back and forth, and the wings look like they almost scrape the tarmac. The plane proceeds to climb again, and eventually lands safely after a second attempt at landing.
Have you experienced a crazy crosswind landing?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards