This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Soon, all eyes in the aviation industry will be turning to the Paris Air Show. This blockbuster event, held on odd-numbered years (as opposed to the Farnborough Air Show which is held on even-numbered years), attracts commercial and military aviation representatives from around the globe, along with thousands of press and aviation enthusiasts.
Aircraft manufacturers and test pilots treat these airshows like a showcase — they prepare and train to highlight the very best in their products. By the time the week-long show comes to a close, interested airlines and other prospective buyers often close deals on aircraft orders, which can sometimes be comprised of hundreds of aircraft. In other words, these prestigious airshows are critical for manufacturers to attract uncertain customers, and they’re willing to push their aircraft to (or beyond) their limits to do so.
In this crazy aviation video, watch test pilots demonstrate the incredible capability of the Boeing 787-9 from takeoff to landing in Vietnam Airlines’ beautiful livery prior to the 2015 Paris show. We love the whole video, but if there’s a single stand out moment, we’d have to say it’s around the 38-second mark, when the Dreamliner rockets up at what appears to be a near ninety-degree angle, imitating the maneuvers of much smaller and more agile fighter jets. We’re still over a month away from the June 19 start date, but this video should excite all my fellow #avgeeks out there for whatever’s to come this year.
What are you most excited to see at this year’s Paris Air Show?
- Watch one of the most challenging landings in the world
- Watch a landing Emirates 777 use pressure to “paint”
- Pilots View: Stunning Nighttime Chicago Approach
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees