This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Soon, all eyes in the aviation industry will be turning to the Paris Air Show. This blockbuster event, held on odd-numbered years (as opposed to the Farnborough Air Show which is held on even-numbered years), attracts commercial and military aviation representatives from around the globe, along with thousands of press and aviation enthusiasts.
Aircraft manufacturers and test pilots treat these airshows like a showcase — they prepare and train to highlight the very best in their products. By the time the week-long show comes to a close, interested airlines and other prospective buyers often close deals on aircraft orders, which can sometimes be comprised of hundreds of aircraft. In other words, these prestigious airshows are critical for manufacturers to attract uncertain customers, and they’re willing to push their aircraft to (or beyond) their limits to do so.
In this crazy aviation video, watch test pilots demonstrate the incredible capability of the Boeing 787-9 from takeoff to landing in Vietnam Airlines’ beautiful livery prior to the 2015 Paris show. We love the whole video, but if there’s a single stand out moment, we’d have to say it’s around the 38-second mark, when the Dreamliner rockets up at what appears to be a near ninety-degree angle, imitating the maneuvers of much smaller and more agile fighter jets. We’re still over a month away from the June 19 start date, but this video should excite all my fellow #avgeeks out there for whatever’s to come this year.
What are you most excited to see at this year’s Paris Air Show?
- Watch one of the most challenging landings in the world
- Watch a landing Emirates 777 use pressure to “paint”
- Pilots View: Stunning Nighttime Chicago Approach
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards